Vulture Mk III
|Vulture Mk III|
|Chassis||Bergan Version 8.3 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound 24B2 FF|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Dash-2 Optima|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hakkøn-Morris LAP|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
The Vulture Mk III is a heavy class OmniMech, which was originally produced by Alshain Weapons on Alshain in the beginning of the thirty-second century for the touman of Clan Ghost Bear. The 'Mech was built as the next generation of the Mad Dog, which was first produced in 2963. First deployed in 3109, the Vulture Mk III (also known as the Mad Dog Mk III by the Clans) generally serves as a support 'Mech to frontline units. It has since entered service in the Raven Alliance as part of Clan Snow Raven's touman.
Weapons and Equipment
The Vulture Mk III is able to move quickly and has a lot of available space for weapons and other equipment. This was accomplished by providing the design a Clan version of the 300-rated Vlar XL Engine and the use of Endo Steel in its construction. Nine and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor protect the Vulture Mk III, giving it more protection than its ancestor.
The primary configuration is focused on providing allies with long range fire support. Its main weapons are four 20-tube Long-Range Missile Launchers split between the 'Mech's side torsos, with four tons of ammunition supplying the launchers. Backing up the launchers for closer engagements are six Extended Range Medium Lasers divided in pairs and allocated to each of the 'Mech's arms and its center torso. Twelve Double Heat Sinks struggle to account for the quite massive heat output of this configuration.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration is meant for general purposes, loaded with weaponry for all ranges. In its arms are pair of Ultra Autocannon/5s for long-range engagements. Backing up the autocannons are four SRM-6s, as well as two Medium Pulse Lasers found in the center torso. The A configuration is given two additional Double Heat Sinks to cope with the new heat load of the weapons. BV (2.0) = 1,880
- Alt. Config. B
- The most noted feature of the B configuration is the addition of four Jump Jets in the legs, allowing greater flexibility during fire-support missions. Its weaponry and equipment includes a pair of side-torso mounted LRM-20s, arm-mounted ER Large Lasers, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers in the center torso. Two additional Double Heat Sinks help in managing this configuration's heat levels. BV (2.0) = 2,572
- Alt. Config. D
- Configuration D is a rare one, focusing around a pair of Clan-produced Rotary Autocannon/5s, each mounted in the 'Mech's side torsos. The Rotary Cannons are supplied with 120 rounds of ammunition. A MechWarrior only has a pair of arm-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers to serve as a backup weapon system. BV (2.0) = 2,421
The Vulture Mk III's visual likeness was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game as a part of its Fire for Effect expansion set. When it first appeared, it was originally listed as the Vulture. The figure (different from the original BattleTech version) was only used for the game's Unique figures. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- Vulture - The main basis for the Vulture Mk III, weighing the same and fitted for mostly the same role in its Primary Configuration. Known as Mad Dog among the Clans.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 40, "Vulture Mk III"
- Master Unit List Profile of the Vulture Mk III - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 450
- MUL Profile of the Vulture (Mad Dog) lists the Mad Dog introduction date.
- Master Unit List Profile of the Vulture Mk III's A Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 451
- Master Unit List Profile of the Vulture Mk III's B Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 452
- Master Unit List Profile of the Vulture Mk III's C Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 453
- Master Unit List Profile of the Vulture Mk III's D Configuration.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 454