Mad Cat Mk II
|Mad Cat Mark II|
|Manufacturer||Manufacturing Plant DSF-94|
|Chassis||DSAM Endo 4|
|Armor||Forging ZM15 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Type 79 360 Fusion XL|
|Communications System||Megaband System 21|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dtrac Suite 4|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Grandthrust Mk. 5|
The Mad Cat Mk II was in development for fifteen months by the time production began in 3061. The sole rationale for the Mad Cat Mk II was to increase profits for Clan Diamond Shark after war with the Inner Sphere in the 3050s. Designed to be sold to fellow Clans, this rebuild of the Timber Wolf carries thirteen tons of ferro-fibrous armor while being one of most nimble BattleMechs of its class, yet still packing serious weaponry.
Despite this, Mk II's most notable potential buyers, Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon, did not purchase even a single unit, though they won some numbers in Trials. Significant numbers of Mad Cat Mk II were sold to Clan Nova Cat, and the Mech served also in Clan Ice Hellion, Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Wolf-in-Exile  in addition to Diamond Shark itself.
On a limited basis,  Clan Diamond Shark sold unmodified Mad Cat Mk IIs to Inner Sphere factions, most notably the Draconis Combine and Federated Commonwealth, and also the Lyran Alliance bought an unknown amount of Mad Cat Mark IIs.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Mad Cat MK II's primary weapons are a pair of Gauss Rifles, each of which can strip off a ton of armor at six hundred and thirty meters. The rifles are supported by two LRM-10s which give the 'Mech indirect fire capability. For short range combat, four ER Medium Lasers can chew up what's left of the opposition. The Mech's primary role is long to medium range combat, with best performance within 450 meters where all of its weapons can reach the opponent.
- Mad Cat Mk. II-Enhanced
- Produced on the Manufacturing Plant DSF-IT1 on Itabaiana. This version uses several Advanced Technology systems to increase its effectiveness on the battlefield. Each arm carries an ER Large Pulse Laser and an ER Medium Pulse Laser, while a pair of LRM-10's provide long range firepower. Four jump jets allow the Mad Cat Mk. II Enhanced to cover 120 meters at a time. The top speed of the 'Mech was reduced to 54 km/h, however, due to the use of twenty-five tons of Hardened Armor. This protection, outweighing some 'Mechs, ensures that the Mad Cat Mk. II-Enhanced can continue to fight long after most of its foes have been destroyed. BV (2.0) = 2,732
- Mad Cat Mk. II 2
- This version of the Mad Cat Mk. II keeps a single Gauss Rifle, found in the right arm, and two ER Medium Lasers of the standard configuration. The torso LRM systems have been replaced by a quartet of Streak SRM-4s. The left arm houses a massive LB 20-X autocannon. Armor and movement profile remain the same, but to make room for the weapons this variant had to drop one heat sink, leaving it with thirteen. BV(2.0)=2,822
- Mad Cat Mk. II 3
- This variant removes the Gauss Rifles, jump jets, and one heat sink of the original and replaces them with a HAG/30 in each arm. The side torsos each mount an LRM-10 and a pair of ER Medium Lasers. A Light Active Probe is mounted in the head, and the remaining tonnage is given over to more armor protection. BV(2.0)=3,168
These variants were introduced in MechWarrior Online, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
- MCII-A Mad Cat Mk. II A
- This variant is based off the Timber Wolf Prime's configuration. Mounting the same ER Large Lasers, ER Medium Lasers in each arm, an LRM-20 in each torso, and retaining the single Medium Pulse Laser in the left torso. The standard Machine guns from the Timber Wolf Prime are replaced with a pair of Heavy Machine Guns. This variant also replaces its base armor package with Standard Armor while maintaining the base variants jump jets. 
- MCII-B Mad Cat Mk. II B
- This variant mounts a devastating UAC-20 in each arm, an ER Large Laser in each torso, and a single Streak SRM-4 is mounted in the center torso. This variant maintains the armor and jump jets of the base variant. Making this variant most effective at close ranges, while having sufficient long range firepower to deal with any target outside of the UAC-20's range.
- MCII-DS Mad Cat Mk. II Deathstrike
- Named for the Diamond Shark's elite Alpha Galaxy, the so-called Deathstrike variant carries an Ultra AC/10 and ER Medium Laser in each arm supported by twin Medium Pulse Lasers in each side torso. Built for the most part on the base frame of the Mad Cat Mk II, the Deathstrike is fitting with nineteen double heat sinks and carries four tons of Ultra Autocannon reloads. 
Dark Age VariantsEdit
A post-Jihad upgrade of the Mad Cat Mk II replaces both Gauss Rifles, ER Medium Lasers and LRM-10s with four Witherer Heavy Large Lasers and two Type X "Short Bow" LRM-15s, offering greater firepower and far better battle endurance. 
Other known, but personal, field-variants still replace the Gauss Rifles and LRM-10s with :
- Two Ripper Series ER PPCs, two Type X "Short Bow" LRM-15s and four Series 2d ER Medium Lasers
- Two Type XV LRM-15 launchers, two Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Lasers and four Series 14a Medium Pulse Lasers
Finally, a Clan Sea Fox refit replaces all of the armament with one EMRG "Galaxy" Series Gauss Rifle, one Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Laser, and one Series 6A Heavy Medium Laser and improved jump jets - Improved Blasters Model X-1 - improving the jump capacity by 50%.
Like its predecessor, the original Mad Cat, the Mad Cat Mk II has been made the icon 'Mech for the franchise with the attempted re-imagining of BattleTech with WizKids Games' Dark Age miniatures game and storyline. However, the Mk II never actually appeared in Dark Age. There were a total of eight "Mad Cat II" models, but all of them were, rather than Mk II models, visually identical to the original Mad Cat. The Mad Cat II miniatures were explained to be direct upgrades to the original Mad Cat chassis.
The model was even used as the original Timber Wolf figure for the MechAssault set.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 58
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 149
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 230
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 132
- Combat Operations, p. 115
- Combat Operations, p. 116
- Combat Operations, p. 119
- Combat Operations, p. 112
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 132
- Combat Operations, p. 132
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 153
- Record Sheets: Prototypes, p. 76
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 231
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 232
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 175
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 176
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 177
- MechWarrior Online - Civil War mech pack Sale Page