51st Battle (Clan Steel Viper)
|51st Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3061)|
|Nickname||The Silent Strikers|
|Parent Formation||Gamma Galaxy|
In April 3053, the Fifty-first attacked Trell I with the intention of stopping Jade Falcon raids that originated from there. On landing, the Fifty-first found no trace of their opponents, the Eighth PGC, and subsequently walked into an ambush. This triggered a four-day long battle that ended in a Steel Viper victory, but at the cost of serious casualties.
During the withdrawal from the Inner Sphere the Fifty-first took heavy casualties prompting the Khan to disband the unit and transfer the survivors to the Ninety-fourth Battle Cluster. Plans to rebuild the Cluster were drawn up, but by 3067 had still not been implemented.
|Commanding Officers of the 51st Battle|
|Star Colonel||Greg Mathews||3057 - 3061|
Fifty-first Battle Cluster 
- Command Star (1 OmniMech Star)
- Trinary Alpha (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Bravo(3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Charlie (1 OmniMech/Elemental Nova, 2 Elemental Stars)
- Trinary Delta (3 OmniMech Stars)
- Trinary Echo (3 OmniFighter Stars)
Fifty-first Battle Cluster - Veteran/Reliable 
- 5 Trinaries
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 145, "51st Battle Cluster Profile"
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165
- Field Manual: Update, p. 67
- Invading Clans, p. 95