Trell nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-113.976 : 386.942[e]|
|Recharge time||203 hours|
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Trell I (Trellwan)
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The system of Trell is located coreward of Terra near the Periphery. Together with its planet of Trell I, it was for a long time a member of the Lyran Commonwealth. Now it belongs to the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone.
- 2341 - No record
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3054 - Clan Steel Viper
- 3060 - Clan Steel Viper
- 3063 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3071 - Disputed world (Clan Ice Hellion/Clan Jade Falcon during June-July) / Clan Ice Hellion (December)
- 3072 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3075 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3079 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3081 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3085 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Hell's Horses
- 3145 - Clan Hell's Horses
- 3151 - Clan Hell Horse
- 3152 - Clan Hell's Horses
Trell I (Trellwan)
|Highest native life||80% mammals|
Trell I was first colonized in 2616. The planet's official name is Trell I, for being the first (innermost) planet of the Trell system, but the natives have slurred the words together into the word "Trellwan." Inhabitants of Trellwan are called "Trellwanese," but are also casually referred to as "Trell." They have generally dropped the use of surnames.
There are three main colonies on Trellwan. The most important is Sarghad, the capital, which serves as administrative and trade center and has the planet's only spaceport.
Victor Steiner-Davion was stationed on Trell I after his graduation from the Nagelring academy in 3049, commanding a battalion of the Twelfth Donegal Guards. The planet was an early target of Clan Jade Falcon during Operation REVIVAL. This battle appears to have been the first clash between Clan forces and troops of the Federated Commonwealth. The defenders initially believed the Falcons to be merely another group of pirates, and were not prepared for a full-on invasion by technologically superior forces.
The Falcons grounded on 13 April 3050 and quickly drove for the Twelfth and Victor. For his part, Victor was at the head of his battalion, on the way to a training exercise with the Red Brigade. The scouts initially confused contact with Falcon forces for the Brigade, though they realized their fatal mistake and warned Victor, who alerted the battalion. On the other side of the Castle Mountains from the rest of the regiment, in the Chrysall Pass, the battalion was hard pressed to hold off the Falcon Guards. Victor retreated through the pass, but was hit by Falcon air and ground assets. During the fighting, he christened the Summoner OmniMech the "Thor" because of its powerful arm-mounted weapons. He tried to retreat into the mountains, but realized the Falcon forces would be able to cut them off from the rest of the unit. A surprise rear assault by the hitherto undetected Red Brigade gave Victor and the remaining 'Mechs of this battalion the chance to slip away, which they did, right into the mountain caverns along with the surviving forces of the Brigade. though the unit was finally destroyed.
Over the course of the Guards' desperate defense, Steiner-Davion and Galen Cox were separated from their allies and fought and defeated a lone Falcon Summoner in Thunder Rift, using the Rift's rough terrain to negate the Clanner's range advantage. When they returned to base afterwards, their commanding officer, Leftenant-General Jeremy Hawksworth, informed them that the regiment was on the brink of defeat. Victor suggested retreating the remaining forces to the area of Thunder Rift and fighting a guerrilla campaign. The general accepted the suggestion, but could not allow the designated Archon-Prince to remain on Trellwan and be captured or killed. He ordered Cox to assure Victor's evacuation, despite the young Kommandant's clear willingness to remain and see the fight through. Cox ended up having to sucker punch his friend and knocking him out in order to get him off planet.
Inter-Clan conflicts and Jihad
In April 3053, the Steel Viper Fifty-first attacked Trell I with the intention of stopping Clan Jade Falcon raids that originated from there. On landing, the Fifty-first found no trace of their opponents, the Eighth PGC, and subsequently walked into an ambush. This triggered a four-day battle that ended in a Steel Viper victory, but at the cost of serious casualties.
Having been reconquered by Clan Jade Falcon during the ejection of Clan Steel Viper from the Inner Sphere, Trell I was invaded again during the Jihad, when Clan Ice Hellion launched an invasion of Clan Jade Falcon holdings in the Inner Sphere in early 3071. Trell I was invaded by the Ice Hellions between the 7th and 28th of June 3071, but the Ice Hellion invasion stalled as heavy fighting continued on Trell I and other worlds throughout July 3071. The Forty-fifth Striker Irregulars were holding Winfield for the Ice Hellions when the Falcon Guards arrived to recapture the planet, and by January 3072 the Irregulars had been defeated and captured.
- Seventeenth Donegal Guards
A planetary year is only 45 standard days, while a planetary day is 30.5 standard days due to the planet's slow rotation. As a result, volcanism and earthquakes are common and the climatic changes are quite abrupt and severe.
With only 9% of its surface being covered by two small oceans along the equator, Trellwan is a rather dry world although it has a breathable atmosphere. The land is largely vast desert plains and rugged mountain ranges.
- "Castle": Fortification located near Sarghad
- Castle Mountains: mountain range
- Chrysall Pass: a pass through the Castle Mountains and site of an important battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- Smuggler's Maze: a location within the Castle Mountains.
- Smuggler's Mouth: entrance to an immense network of caverns that honeycombs the Castle Mountains.
- Smuggler's Paradise: a location within the Castle Mountains.
- Smuggler's Valley: valley within the Castle Mountains not far from Chrysall Pass.
- Crysanden Mountain Range: North of Sarghad
- Thunder Rift
- Drebbin River: river and site of an important battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- Gath: city
- Grimheld Sea
- Mount Gayal
- Pirate Chasm Bridge: Bridge over the Drebbin River and site of an important battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- Sarghad: Capital city
- Ajiani Highway
- Tremain: city
Illustration of the area around Sarghad and the spaceport from Decision at Thunder Rift
|Closest 36 systems (35 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Star's End||54.7||New Caledonia||57.8||Leskovik||58.7||Bensinger||59.5|
|Hot Springs||59.8||Somerset||59.8||Norn||59.8||New Ålborg||60.6|
- Decision at Thunder Rift, p. 4 (BattleCorps PDF version)
- Tamar Rising, poster map
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii: "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 165
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 16: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 49: "The Jihad in Review"
- Operation ICE STORM Part Two: Winds of Spring, pp. 55–56
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 31
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: Clans, p. 26
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, pp. 102–103
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, pp. 25–26: "Trell I"
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 163–168, 188
- Era Report: 3052, p. 15: "Timeline of Events"
- Era Report: 3052, pp. 12 & 24
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 163–168, 188
- Era Report: 3052, p. 15: "Timeline of Events"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 145: "51st Battle Cluster Profile"
- Objective Raids, p. 30
- First Succession War, p. 139: "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- Decision at Thunder Rift, p. 24 (BattleCorps PDF version)
- "Decision at Thunder Rift", ch. 17
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137: "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 25: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook, p. 26: "Trell I"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15: "Clan Jade Falcon Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 167: "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Hell's Horses"
- 20 Year Update
- Decision at Thunder Rift (novel)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Warden Clans
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objective Raids
- Operation ICE STORM Part Two: Winds of Spring
- Shattered Fortress