- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3054)|
Just as the Alshain Military District was formed from the remaining worlds of the Rasalhague Military District not ceded to the Free Rasalhague Republic, the Alshain Regulars consisted of former Rasalhague Regular troops. The Alshain Regulars suffered heavy losses in the Clan Invasion during their failed defense of their district, with the survivors renamed under the banner of the free floating Alshain Avengers.
The Alshain Regulars first saw action during the War of 3039, but their inexperience showed and Tai-shu Hassid Ricol was chastised for their lacklustre performance. Ricol subsequently instituted an intense training regime to whip the Regulars into shape, the program including frequent practice raids against one another and into both the Free Rasalhague Republic and Lyran Commonwealth. Their persistence in raiding bore fruit, by 3049 the overall skill of the Alshain Regulars was far beyond the Pesht Regulars despite the young age of the brigade. Additionally, Ricol assigned some of the brigade's better MechWarriors into a special training battalion to hone their skills, these officers intended to replace battalion and regimental commanders when those positions open up either due to death, retirement or dismissal for incompetence. A highly unusual arrangement, the Internal Security Force monitored the battalion for any sign Ricol was attempting to plant officers personally-loyal to him across the brigade's regiments.
Caught between Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Ghost Bear, the Alshain Regulars suffered heavy losses during their failed defense of their district during the invasion, selling themselves dearly and buying time for the rest of the DCMS to prepare. By the Truce of Tukayyid, the fourteen regiment's worth of troops within the Alshain Regulars had been reduced to five, with three regiments so shattered that the Bureau of Substitution combined them single regiment. Hoping to capitalise on their anger at the loss of their district, the surviving remnants of the Regulars were re-formed as the Alshain Avengers.  Their sole objective to retake their home world and drive the invaders from Combine space, the Avengers eventually staged an unauthorized invasion of Alshain which triggered the Combine-Ghost Bear War and their destruction.
|Commanding Officers of the Alshain Regulars|
Different per Unit.
Units of the Alshain Regulars
- The 1st Regulars was destroyed in 3050.
- The 2nd Regulars was destroyed in 3050.
- The 3rd Regular was disbanded.
- The 4th Regulars was disbanded.
- The 5th Regulars was disbanded.
- The 6th Regulars was destroyed in 3051.
- The 7th Regulars was disbanded.
- The 8th Regulars was redesignated as the 8th Alshain Avengers.
- The 9th Regulars was destroyed in 3050.
- The 10th Regulars was disbanded.
- The 11th Regulars was redesignated as the 11th Alshain Avengers.
- The Alshain Regulars' color scheme is mentioned in passing alongside information regarding the Alshain Avengers. It is listed as "white, jade green, and shades of grey". Specifics for each regiment are unlisted.
- Compared to other older Regular brigades, each of the Alshain Regulars was more uniform in composition due to their focus on a specific mode of combat - for example the Eleventh was a lighter raiding force, while the Fifth specialized in stealth tactics and the Second was configured for cavalry tactics.
- Combat Manual: Kurita, p. 46 "Alshain Regulars"
- "Field Manual: Draconis Combine", P.35, "District of Alshain"