- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Died||28 August 3073|
|Parents|| Patrick Kell (father)|
Christian Kell (Born 3026- Died 3073) was a MechWarrior officer in the Kell Hounds Mercenary Unit. He was the son of Patrick Kell and ethnic Draconis Combine artist Takara and nephew of Morgan Kell.
Patrick was unaware of the existence of Christian as Takara decided not to inform him of the birth of their son, so that Patrick would not be forced to stay with him/them.
Christian discovered the identity of his father after his mother’s death and also discovered that he had a brother. He confronted his uncle Morgan Kell at the age of 16 in 3042 on the world of Arboris. After Christian presented evidence of his origins, Morgan took a leave of absence from the unit and took him to Outreach where he received officer training from the Wolf's Dragoons. MacKenzie Wolf took a particular interest in his training, and Christian even served briefly with the Wolf Spider Battalion from 3044 to 3045 before returning to the Kell Hounds.
After Morgan Kell resigned his position as commanding officer of the Kell Hounds, Christian become the second in command of the unit. During the Red Corsair affair, Christian played a major part in the campaign. When the militia Kommandant Nelson Geist was rescued, he was very friendly to him, and immediately offered him a place in the Hounds. Christian fought in the battle of Arc-Royal, against the pirates, and later in the final battle of Elissa. He was finally able to enlist Nelson in the Hounds, with the rank of Colonel. After Elissia, when Nelson died saving all the Hounds and preventing a new Clan Invasion at the cost of his life, Christian was the one than traveled to Nelson's home, in Kooken's Pleasure Pit and took his family to Arc-Royal, to take care of them.
Jihad and Death
In August 28th, 3073, the unit was based on New Exford when the Word of Blake's 50th Shadow Division attacked. The raid devastated the unit after the 50th's "head hunter" squads successfully killed Christian. Demoralized, the unit's morale broke, causing them to take heavy casualties. Also devastated was Morgan Kell who on hearing the news declared three days of mourning in remembrance of the dead. 
Quiet and reserved, Major Kell is a talented artist, but rarely shows his work to others. Recently, had been spending time with Dorete Geist, the widowed daughter-in-law of the fallen Kell Hound Major Nelson Geist. It is unknown if their relationship developed or not.
|“||Are the Kell Hounds good? Damn straight. No one pays us to be lousy.||”|
|— Major Christian Kell, Kell Hounds, Outreach, 15 Jan 3051|
For much of his career and during the Red Corsair crisis, Christian Kell piloted a Clan-modified Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt was also his father's choice of 'Mech.  During Operation Bulldog he piloted a Stormcrow OmniMech. 
- Christian's first name was chosen by his mother to reflect that he was the son of a Christian man.
- Even after serving with the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons for over a decade, Christian Kell still followed a largely Kuritan lifestyle as of 3051, much to the surprise of Shin Yodama. 
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 37, "Kell Hounds attacked on New Exford"
-  BattleTech main site's Kell Hounds timeline.
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p.57
- Natural Selection p. 269
- Natural Selection p. 317
- Natural Selection p. 346
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 37, "Kell Hounds Attacked on New Exford" - Christian Kell killed by WoB head hunter units. His death causes Morgan Kell more emotional pain.
- Mercenaries Handbook 3055 p. 27
- Natural Selection, p.??
- The Dragon Roars, p. 54
- Blood Legacy, p.??