- This article is about the 55-ton Clan OmniMech. For the 75-ton Clan fire-support BattleMech, see Ryoken II.
|Manufacturer||Tokasha MechWorks Gamma, Industrial Complex Alpha (Clan Snow Raven), "various"|
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Model MHO-7E Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound H17/2 ferro-fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 330 XL|
|Communications System||GBX Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Tokasha B4-T&T|
|Heat Sinks||22 Double Heat Sinks|
The Stormcrow is a widespread, second generation OmniMech fielded by many Clans. However, within the Clan Smoke Jaguar Touman, the Stormcrow was especially common during the Clan Invasion and was code-named the Ryoken（a misspelling of ryōken - hunting dog) by the warriors of the DCMS who encountered it. Because of its versatility through its combination of mobility, armor, and firepower in its various configurations, the Stormcrow is a feared opponent on the battlefield.
The Stormcrow can trace its lineage to the Omni-Corvis designed by Clan Hell's Horses and debuting during the Battle of Tokasha. However, this precursor to the Stormcrow had only just debuted when Clan Ghost Bear won Tokasha through the Battle of Tokasha. As a result of the upheaval, design copies and molds for the Stormcrow were scattered throughout Clan space. The final production version of the Stormcrow debuted in 2930 after Clan Snow Raven scientists modified the Omni-Corvis into the current version of this OmniMech.
Weapons and Equipment
The Stormcrow is built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a 330 XL engine that propels it to a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The Stormcrow is protected by nine and a half tons of ferro-fibrous armor, giving the 'Mech the ability to survive encounters with other units that it isn't capable of outpacing.
The primary configuration of the Stormcrow is capable of engaging an enemy at any range and uses its speed to strike at its target with a great deal of force and evade a counterattack. The 'Mech's primary weapons are a pair of ER Large Lasers allowing the 'Mech to strike at long range. For close combat, the Stormcrow carries three ER Medium Lasers. To handle the heavy heat load, the Stormcrow Prime has twelve double heat sinks on top of the ten mounted in the base chassis.
- Alternate Configuration A
- Configured mainly for close combat, the Stormcrow A is armed with a single LRM-20 launcher for long range capabilities; allowing it to support friendly units at long range. For close combat, the 'Mech is armed with four Medium Pulse Lasers and two Streak SRM-6 launchers making it a deadly knife fighter. BV (1.0) = 1,894; BV (2.0) = 2,319
- Alternate Configuration B
- Another close combat configuration, the B configuration of the Stormcrow carries a single, deadly Ultra Autocannon/20 as its primary weapon. This is backed up by six ER Medium Lasers. To handle the 'Mech's heat, it has three additional double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,786; BV (2.0) = 2,281
- Alternate Configuration C
- The Stormcrow C is armed with some of the most accurate weapons available to the Clans. For long range combat, the 'Mech has an LB-X Autocannon/10 that can fire both standard and cluster ammunition. The C configuration also carries a Large Pulse Laser and two Medium Pulse Lasers for short to medium ranges. BV (1.0) = 1,656; BV (2.0) = 1,881
- Alternate Configuration D
- A long range support configuration, the Stormcrow D has, as its primary weapons, a pair of LRM-20 launchers. These are backed up by two SRM-2 launchers for close combat. All of these weapons are augmented with a Narc Missile Beacon, which can mark enemy units with a missile homing beacon for increased accuracy. BV (1.0) = 1,698; BV (2.0) = 1,863
- Alternate Configuration E
- Capable of engaging an enemy at any range, the Stormcrow E's primary weapons are a pair of ATM-9 launchers. These are capable of firing short, medium, and long range munitions. The launchers are backed up, for added close range firepower, by four ER Small Lasers and two ER Medium Lasers. The 'Mech also carries an Active Probe that allows it to detect any would-be ambushers. BV (1.0) = 1,757; BV (2.0) = 2,113, 2,110
- Alternate Configuration F
- This variant uses a pair of arm-mounted Plasma Cannons that increase the target's heat. In addition to its capabilities as an anti-infantry unit, the 'Mech also has a pair of Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifles in each arm, making the Stormcrow F devastating against unarmored infantry. For use against hardened targets, it has four ER Medium Lasers and two ER Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 2,227
- Alternate Configuration H
- A heavy laser-toting version of the primary configuration, the H has, as its main weapons, two Heavy Large Lasers. These are backed up by three ER Medium Lasers. This configuration also carries twelve double heat sinks over the ten on board the base chassis. BV (1.0) = 1,731; BV (2.0) = 2,061
- Alternate Configuration J
- Popular with the Hell's Horses, the J mounts a sizable HAG 30 as its primary weapon in the left arm. Two tons of ammo in the left torso provide barely adequate reserves. The heavy punch of an Improved Heavy Large Laser is mounted in the right arm and provides a heavy hit even after the HAG is out of ammo. Both fearsome weapons are aided by a Targeting Computer in the right torso. An BV (2.0) = 2,300
- Alternate Configuration K
- Four right arm Improved Heavy Medium Lasers give the K a deadly bite, and are fearsome enough on their own. Despite this, a Gauss rifle is mounted in the left arm and it is supplied with two tons of ammo in the left torso. Five addition heat sinks are mounted. BV (2.0) = 2,001
- Alternate Configuration P
- Deadly at any range, the P is more dangerous the closer it gets to its prey. A Medium Pulse Laser sits beside an ER Large Laser in both arms, while a medium pulse laser also sits below the pilot’s feet in the head. Each side torso mounts an additional double heat sink, a Streak SRM-6 and a corresponding ton of ammo. BV (2.0) = 2,213
- Alternate Configuration T
- Following a similar formula to the Prime, the T trades reach for accuracy. Each arm contains a Large Pulse Laser and an ER Small Pulse Laser. A head-mounted Medium Pulse Laser rounds out the weapons load. A Light Active Probe is housed in the right torso while a left torso-mounted Supercharger allows the T a top speed of over 120 km/h. Four additional double heat sinks are mounted to help cope with the heat. BV (2.0) = 2,280
- Alternate Configuration TC
- This "Temporary Configuration," an upgrade of the B variant, was built by Clan Smoke Jaguar for the Battle of Tukayyid, and fielded in small numbers by all Clans. Trading some of the raw punch of the B's hefty autocannon, the TC mounts a powerful gauss rifle for its long range accuracy and heat efficiency—along with two tons of reloads—and drops the ER medium lasers of the B variant from six to four. Additionally, a four-ton targeting computer is mounted to assist in dueling, with one double heat sink. BV (2.0) = 2,373
- Alternate Configuration Z
- This variant carries an iATM 9 with three tons of ammunition and an Improved Heavy Medium Laser in each arm. To offset the lower skills of The Society's MechWarriors, it also mounts a Nova CEWS. Though it lacks jump jets, a Supercharger allows it to briefly hit speeds of 120 km/h.
- Ryoken Kotare
- This unique configuration was the personal 'Mech of Star Captain Brone Kotare of Clan Smoke Jaguar when he fought on Asgard during Operation BULLDOG in 3059. The Ryoken Kotare carries a quintet of ER Medium Lasers in the right arm and a pair of Streak SRM-6 launchers in the left torso. The right torso houses a single LRM-20. BV (2.0) = 2,382
- Alternate Configuration Attwater
- Developed by Star Captain Mia Attwater, this configuration has an LB 5-X in each arm and an LRM-5 with Artemis IV FCS in each side torso. One ton of LRM ammunition is in the left torso, while the ton of LB-X ammunition is stored in the head. Six jump jets provide a 180 meter jump radius. BV (2.0) = 1,482
- Corvis - The Stormcrow was designed as an OmniMech version of the older Corvis BattleMech, a relatively slow, jump capable 'Mech used mainly for defense and infantry support.
- Ryoken II - Designed by Clan Ghost Bear, the Ryoken II is an upgraded version of the Stormcrow, weighing 20 tons more than the original. The Ryoken II mounts a mix of LRMs and LB-X autocannons.
- Skinwalker (Ryoken III) - The Skinwalker was inspired after this Clan OmniMech.
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 128: Prototypes of the Stormcrow, "so-called Omni-Corvis", debuted during the Battle of Tokasha in 2921. Following the Battle of Tokasha, Clan Ghost Bear gave Clan Snow Raven captured technical schematics and components. Though the components could have been scavenged from battlefield salvage, it is unlikely that Clan Ghost Bear acquired technical schematics on Tokasha if the OmniMech was not under development on this planet.
- In German products, the unit's Clan name was translated to Sturmkrähe. The unit's Inner Sphere name was left unchanged.
- Plastic Stormcrow (Ryoken) Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Command Star
Original Stormcrow from TRO:3050
Stormcrow Prime from TRO:3050 Upgrade
Stormcrow from RG:ilClan v7
Stormcrow on the battlefield from BT:25 Years
Stormcrow Prime from CCG
Model of Stormcrow from MW4: Mercenaries
Model of Stormcrow from MWO
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 7, p. 13
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, pp. 128–129: "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 71
- Technical Readout: 3050, pp. 26–27: "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised, pp. 24–25: "Ryoken OmniMech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 72
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 73
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 74
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 76
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 77
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 78
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 79
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 80
- Battle of Tukayyid, p. 150
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 71
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, pp. 177–184: "Cherry Blossoms"
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 81
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94: BattleMech Quirk Table - Ryoken Entry
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 152–153
- Technical Readout: Golden Century, p. 18
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 144–145
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction
- BattleTech: Battle of Tukayyid
- Combat Operations
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrades Unabridged (Clan & Star League)
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3075
- Technical Readout: Golden Century
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental