Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ben H. Rome (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Geoff Swift|
|Cover artwork||Ray Arrastia|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps and Logos)
Jason Schmetzer (Record Sheets)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||May 26th, 2011|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Timeline||3013 - 3016|
|Series||Historical Turning Points|
Historical Turning Points: Mallory’s World is the PDF-Exclusive scenario book that is based on the Chaos Campaign and Warchest systems. Fourth in the Historical Turning Points series to be produced, the E-book focuses event of 3013, where House Kurita would launch an attack against House Davion while they had been focused else where. The scenario highlights the First Prince Ian Davion leading his forces to stop House Kurita's sudden invasion of his realm. A price which he would pay with his life, where Colonel Morgan Kell of the recently formed Kell Hounds would intervene with Tai-sai Kurita's efforts to take the body of Ian Davion as prize.
Publisher's Description of Product
|“|| In the waning years of the Third Succession War, Takashi Kurita moved to take Mallory's World from House Davion’s Federated Suns. Taking advantage of Davion’s preparations elsewhere, the Coordinator dispatched several regiments only to be thwarted by First Prince Ian Davion. Though the First Prince met his death at the hands of Yorinaga Kurita, the DCMS ultimately failed the Coordinator.
Three years later, House Kurita tried again. In one of the most legendary battles in BattleTech history, Yorinaga Kurita faced mercenary commander Morgan Kell. When it was over, a deadly rivalry had been born that would shape the destinies of men and nations.
Historical Turning Points: Mallory’s World takes events from the Third Succession War and expands them using the phenomenally successful Turning Points PDF exclusive format. Return to an earlier time in BattleTech history, when centuries of Succession Wars have honed an animosity to a razor’s edge between the Great Houses of Davion and Kurita!
This campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even create their own scenarios. This PDF exclusive includes a detailed map of the planet of Mallory’s World, a rundown of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players’ imaginations are the limits
- The Desolation of Combat (Short Story)
- Mallory's World Map
- Mallory's World
- The Battle for Mallory's World
- Random Assigment Tables: Mallory's World, 3013 - 3016
- Princely Rescue
- Just Droppin' In
- The Nobility Of Defeat
- The Defeat Of Nobility
- Vive I Vegans
- Return To The Scene
- The More Things Change...
- ...The More They Stay The Same
- Let's Do This
- The Duel
- Record Sheets
- Four page BattleForce 2 Hex Map
- Historical Turning Points: Misery
- Historical Turning Points: Galtor
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry
- Warrior: En Garde (Novel)
- Unlike other sourcebooks, Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
- In this book, the death date of Ian Davion is wrongly given as 21 November 3013. It has been confirmed that the correct date is 21 October 3013. See Ian Davion and Talk:Ian Davion for details.