|X:Y Coordinates||111.402 : 5.902[e]|
|Recharge time||183 hours|
The Mallory's World system was home to at least one habitable world, Mallory's World VI, and as of 3151 was located within the Ashio Prefecture of the Dieron Military District in the Draconis Combine.
- 1 System Description
- 2 Political Affiliation
- 3 Mallory's World VI
- 3.1 Planetary History
- 3.2 Military Deployment
- 3.3 Geography
- 3.4 Planetary Locations
- 3.5 Industrial Centers
- 3.6 Image gallery
- 4 Notes
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
- 2319 - Inhabited world
- 2571 - Federated Suns
- 2596 - Federated Suns
- 2750 - Federated Suns
- 2764 - Federated Suns
- 2765 - Federated Suns
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2783 - Terran Hegemony
- 2784 - Federated Suns
- 2786 - Federated Suns
- 2791 - Draconis Combine
- 2816 - Federated Suns
- 2822 - Draconis Combine
- 2864 - Federated Suns
- 3013 - Federated Suns
- 3025 - Federated Suns
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3067 - Federated Suns
- 3075 - Federated Suns
- 3079 - Federated Suns
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Independent world
- 3145 - Federated Suns
- 3149 - Draconis Combine (from June)
- 3151 - Draconis Combine
Mallory's World VI
|Mallory's World VI|
|Jump Point distance||9.12 days|
|Moons||One (Viktor's Moon)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||37°C (Tropical)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Landmasses||4 (Joshua, Juniper, New Helen, Oregon)|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Noble Ruler||Duke of Mallory's World|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Vanessa Bouche (3130)|
|HPG Representative||Precentor Jasper Drexel|
Mallory's World is a planet noted for excellent conditions for agriculture, including a long growing season and fertile soil. The planet also stands out for a nearly nightly and nearly planetwide aurora known to residents as the "color falls," a colorful natural light show resulting from the combination of Mallory's World's strong magnetic field, a system with high amounts of space dust and gases, and a powerful and somewhat unstable sun.
After it was discovered early during the Exodus from Terra the lush Mallory's World was quickly colonized. But the first settlers rejoiced too soon for a vicious alien parasite nearly wiped them all out. When Dr. Beck Mallory found a cure the settlers, in gratitude, named the world after him. Thanks to fertile soil and a long growing season agriculture began to flourish and when the planet joined the Federated Suns during the Age of War it exported huge amounts of foodstuff to neighboring systems already. The world reached its peak during the time of the Star League where it was jointly held with the Terran Hegemony and new technologies allowed to increase the yield of the crops and herd animals even further. All continents were covered by gigantic farms and ranches and on the coastlines grew large cities. Furthermore during this time there was almost no pollution on Mallory's World because of the lack of heavy industry.
First Succession War
Mallory's World was invaded during the first half of the major invasion into the Federated Suns launched by the Draconis Combine in May 2787. Mallory's World was liberated by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns in 2816 as part of the third and final major AFFS counteroffensive of the First Succession War against the Draconis Combine.
Third Succession War
Mallory's World's strategic position between three hostile Successor States—the Federated Suns, Draconis Combine, and Capellan Confederation—together with its importance as major food producer caused a nearly constant struggle for this planet and its transformation into a single heavily fortified military base. The fighting was so fierce that the continents of Joshua, Juniper, and Oregon became infertile wastelands. Only the continent of New Helen was spared due to an agreement by the three nations at the beginning of the Third Succession War that declared it a safe zone.
In 3010, the economy received a major boost when the Mallory's World Diaper Concern started operations. This facility produces billions of disposable diapers that are shipped to seven nearby worlds. The light industry, located on Oregon, helped bring in much needed capital for the reclamation of the wastelands. This was important because the three otherwise-barren continents—devoid of any significant plant life—create massive tornadoes and near-cataclysmic windstorms that scour the planet for eight months.
Third Battle of Mallory's World
In 3013, the Third Battle of Mallory's World took place. Coordinator Takashi Kurita ordered the Warlord of the Dieron to seize the planet's agricultural resources. The Second Sword of Light along with two other BattleMech regiments and ten non-'Mech regiments assaulted the planet. Three months of intense fighting and scorched earth tactics resulted in the planet being freed from the invaders, but at a high cost for the Federated Suns. First Prince Ian Davion was slain while leading the planetary defenders.
Fourth Battle of Mallory's World
Since the rediscovery of advanced terraforming technologies the planet's wounds begin to heal slowly. Mallory's World experienced the quiet time after the Jihad as part of the Republic of the Sphere among the worlds given to Devlin Stone by the Federated Suns.
On 12 November 3132, the faction known as Dragon's Fury raided Mallory's World. Katana Tormark was hoping to capture the Fortner Industrials factory near the city of Savo, as the AgroMechs produced prolifically there could be militarized. Aaron Sandoval was unwilling to see the Dragon's Fury gain such a valuable asset, and dispatched the Ghost Legion from the Swordsworn to battle the raiders. The Fury—more specifically, the Brotherhood regiment of the Dragon's Fury—were forced out of the factory complex after a three-day battle in late November, but not before Savo had taken damage. Dragon's Fury's Amaterasu also attempted to occupy Savo's spaceport. Their occupation ran into local resistance from Local 189 of the Brotherhood of Port and Warehouse Workers until Sandoval's Prince's Men drove the invaders out. A bronze statue of a Buster MOD was put up in the spaceport's warehouse district commemorating the resistance.
- Twenty-fifth Robinson Chevaliers
Third Succession War
The planet's land area comprises four continents: Joshua, Juniper, New Helen, and Oregon. Initially Mallory's World was a pleasant and fertile world but the brutal fighting during the Succession Wars turned three of its continents into barren wastelands, now only useful as industrial sites. Solely New Helen was largely spared and remains an agriculture area, though the other ones are beginning to recover due to the rediscovery of advanced terraforming technologies. The planet's capital Mallory City and the nearby military stronghold of Fort Dodger are located on northern Oregon.
- Grand Fensten Range: a mountain range
- Craggen's Peak: a well-known aurora-watching peak
- Harrison's Ferry
- Fine Crop
- Mallory City
- Mount Rendell: a mountain recommended to aurora-watchers
- North Industry City
- Rachell: a city or town
- Republic Stock Exchange
- Reservoir 13
- Savo: a city with a spaceport
- Local 189 Commemorative Statue: a bronze statue commemorating the resistance to the November 3132 Dragon's Fury raid
- Semapan Islands: warm islands noted for volcanic activity and a clear view of the color falls
- South Industry City
Some information from Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130) (p. 56) conflicts with newer sources such as Handbook: House Davion (p. 100). The planetary data in this article is correct and confirmed by the authors via the classicbattletech.com (dead link) forum. (For further information see: Talk:Mallory's World)
|Closest 56 systems (56 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Halstead Station||50.2||Pokhara||50.2||Raman||50.3||Deneb Kaitos||50.4|
- Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World, p. 3
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 56
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118: "Digesting the Hegemony"
- First Succession War, p. 28
- First Succession War, p. 25
- First Succession War, p. 44: "Draconis Combine-Federated Suns Front 2786-2796"
- First Succession War, p. 98: "The Davion Counter-Offensives"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122
- First Succession War, p. 113
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 87: "Attitude Towards His Rivals"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), foldout: "Federated Suns -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), foldout: "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 71
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 12
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 72
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60: "Mallory's World" planet profile
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 196: "Mallory's World" planet profile
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 52: "The Color Falls of Mallory's World"
- The Star League, p. 179
- Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World, p. 4
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10: "Dark Age Timeline"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 6: "Important Military Actions of Late 3132"
- Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 42: "Buster HaulerMech MOD"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252: "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- Field Report 2765: AFFS, p. 17: "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War, p. 135: "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- First Succession War, p. 137: "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World, p. 8
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 12: "Operation RAT"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 131
- Dark Age: 3136 Levin's List, p. 4: "21 April 3136"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 11: "Market Bullish Following DiNapoli Acquisition"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report 2765: AFFS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical Turning Points: Mallory's World
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Shattered Fortress
- The Star League
- Technical Readout: Irregulars
- Visions of Fire: The Battle for Ozawa!