|Manufacturer||Hector MechWorks Facility Beta|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Hellion Slopeback V1 (Quad)|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||160-rated fusion engine|
|Communications System||HCFA 3035 2.0|
|Targeting Tracking System||HCFA 3047 1.5|
|Heat Sinks||10 single heat sinks|
|Speed||127 km/h (172 km/h with MASC)|
- This article is about the Clan Ice Hellion BattleMech. For the creature from Hector, see Snow Fox (Animal).
The Snow Fox was designed by Clan Ice Hellion as a fast 'Mech that is capable of fulfilling a number of roles. Its primary weapon is its speed, which it uses to quickly close with enemies, swiftly damage them, and get out before repeating the process; this allows the design to work well as a battle armor hunter. The Hellions scientists were also gauging warrior interest in a quad design and saw the Snow Fox as a testbed for a future quad OmniMech, but the interest was not there; not only are bipedal 'Mechs more intuitive to operate, the fast quad takes getting used to and lacks hands. Finally, it is protected as well as it can be by four tons of ferro-fibrous armor.
While its original version has been discontinued and retired, the OmniMech version of Snow Fox is still in production.
Weapons and Equipment
Armed with only a head-mounted Series 2f ER medium laser and a pair of Series 1-s ER small lasers, the Snow Fox excels at making high-speed passes. Though the 'Mech uses single heat sinks, it takes an extremely bad pilot to cause the Snow Fox any overheating problems.
- Snow Fox 2
- The first known variant of the Snow Fox introduced 3015 during the Succession Wars era or Golden Century. This variant replaces the lasers with an LRM-10, creating a very mobile support 'Mech. It is also incapable of building any noticeable amount of heat before it starts taking damage. BV (1.0) = 484, BV (2.0) = 604
- Snow Fox 3
- A Jihad-era variant, introduced in 3072, this design makes room for improvements by replacing the standard fusion engine with an XL model. Additional improvements to the design include increases to the mech's speed and armor, and upgrade weaponry includes an ER medium laser, an ATM-3 launcher with 2 tons of ammunition, and a pair of AP Gauss rifles with one ton of ammunition dedicated to them. BV (2.0) = 903
- Snow Fox (Omni) Primary Configuration
- Developed by the Scorpion Empire, the Snow Fox OmniMech Prime configuration uses the six tons of pod space to mirror the original Snow Fox. Equipped with an ER medium laser in the head and each side torso, tied into a targeting computer. An extensive electronics suite includes an active probe and ECM suite. An XL engine, endo steel chassis, and ferro-fibrous armor allow the 'Mech to reach top speeds of 120 km/h. Finally a permanently-mounted MASC system allows the Prime to sprint at speeds of up to 164 km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,464
- Snow Fox (Omni) Alternate Configuration A
- This configuration carries three LRM-5 launchers, one in each side torso and one in the head. The two side torsos also carry two flamers each, for a total of four. A single ton of LRM ammunition is carried in a CASE protected bay in the center torso. BV (2.0) = 831
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was slightly altered to Gletscherfuchs, which literally means "Glacier Fox".
Original Snow Fox from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 134-135, "Snow Fox 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Snow Fox
- Master Unit List - "Snow Fox"
- Combat Operations, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 201
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 202, "Snow Fox's Jihad era variant and BV 2".
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 35
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 36
- Operational Turning Points: Hanseatic Crusade, p. 37
- BattleMech Manual, p. 94 BattleMech Quirk Table - Snow Fox Entry.