- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hector MechWorks Facility Beta|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Hellion Slopeback V1 (Quad)|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||HCFA 3035 2.0|
|Targeting Tracking System||HCFA 3047 1.5|
|Speed||127 km/h (172 km/h with MASC)|
The Snow Fox was designed by Clan Ice Hellion as a fast 'Mech that is capable of fulfilling a number of roles. Its primary weapon is its speed, which it uses to quickly close with enemies, swiftly damage them, and get out before repeating the process. It has also found use as a Battle Armor hunter. The Hellions scientists were also gauging warrior interest in a quad design and saw the Snow Fox as a test bed for a future quad OmniMech, but the interest was not there. Not only are bipedal 'Mechs more intuitive to operate, the fast quad takes getting used to and lacks hands. Finally, it is protected as well as it can be by four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
Weapons and Equipment
Armed with only a head-mounted Series 2f ER Medium Laser and a pair of Series 1-s ER Small Lasers, the Snow Fox excels at making high-speed passes. Though the 'Mech uses standard heat sinks, it takes an extremely bad pilot to cause the Snow Fox any overheating problems.
- Snow Fox 2
- The only known variant of the Snow Fox introduced 3015 during the Succession Wars era or Golden Century. This variant replaces the lasers with an LRM-10, creating a very mobile support 'Mech. It is also incapable of building any noticeable amount of heat before it starts taking damage. BV (1.0) = 484, BV (2.0) = 604
- Snow Fox 3
- A Jihad era variant introduced 3072, this design makes room for improvements by replacing the standard fusion engine with a XL Model. Improvements to the design include a increase speed of the 'mech and armor. Its weaponry include ER Medium Laser, a ATM 3 Launcher with 2 tons of ammunition, and pair of AP Gauss Rifles with ton of ammunition dedicated to them. BV (2.0) = 903
In German products the unit's proper Clan name was slightly altered to Gletscherfuchs, which literally means "Glacier Fox".
Original Snow Fox from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 134-135, "Snow Fox 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Snow Fox
- Master Unit List - "Snow Fox"
- Combat Operations, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 200
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 201
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 202, "Snow Fox's Jihad era variant and BV 2".