- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Teppô Support Vehicle|
|Mission|| Artillery Fire Support |
Mobile Repair Base
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Armor||New Samarkand Royal Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Nissan 280 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Sipher Battlesys 11.6 w/ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Neko Megame 9|
The Teppô Artillery Support Vehicle is an experimental Super Heavy Combat Vehicle which is designed to provide support to frontline combat units of the Draconis Combine. First produced just after the Jihad, this massive vehicle was designed to be a regiment's mobile artillery battery and also provide additional command and repair abilities through its pair of Support Trailers. The Teppô's creation was as a result of the hard lessons learned from nearly two decades of fighting the Word of Blake and the Black Dragon Society. Using the Ryuken's Combined-Arms command style as a model, the Teppô and its support trailers would attempt to replicate the elite brigade's command capabilities for other frontline Regiments. Built on Unity at Pesht Motors, the Teppô is noted for its high quality due to each vehicle being hand-built.
Weapons and Equipment
The Teppô's principal fire support weaponry include an Ikazuchi Type 2 Sniper Artillery Piece mounted in the vehicle's turret and a pair of Shigunga Arrow IV Artillery Systems mounted in the front of the vehicle. The Vehicle's Sniper piece has three tons of ammunition while the Arrow IV launchers have six, allowing for a wide selection of artillery rounds. A Sperry Browning Light Machine Gun is mounted in the front and rear, to protect against infantry attack. The vehicle sports three Yori Flyswatter Anti-Missile Systems, one in the front and on each side of the Teppô. It is protected with 20 tons of New Samarkand Royal Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor and CASE. The Teppô's other features include 1 ton worth of Communication Equipment, a Guardian ECM Suite, and a 4 ton Infantry Compartment for the security detachment.
The vehicle features a 280 rated Fuel Cell engine, allows it to move 21 kilometers an hour while towing.
The Tenmaku is the Teppô's Command Trailer featuring its own small fusion reactor as an independent power source. The Tenmaku's equipment include 10 tons worth of Communication Equipment, a pair of C3 Master Computers, a Guardian ECM suite, 5 tons worth of Mission Specific Equipment, a 10 ton Infantry Compartment capability, and a single Trailer Hitch mounted in the front. The vehicle is armed with a pair of Medium Lasers and a pair of Light Machine Guns in its turret. Additionally, it has three Anti-Missile Systems found in the turret and on each side. The trailer is protected by 15 tons of heavy ferro-fibrous armor with CASE protection for its ammunition bins. BV (2.0)=881
The Bokkusu trailer serves as both a mobile repair base and cargo hauler for the Teppô's users. It is unpowered and it is protected by 12 tons of heavy ferro-fibrous armor and CASE. The trailer's main feature is its Mobile Field Base, which is a self-contained repair gantry providing a comprehensive repair capability for a regiment's BattleMechs and Vehicles. The Bokkusu's 18-ton cargo capacity allows for additional spare parts and other general repair supplies to be moved from place to place. The trailer's only defenses are four anti-missile systems on all four side of the trailer. Other features of the Bokkusu include a 4 ton Infantry Compartment, a front mounted Lift hoist and a pair of Trailer Hitches to allow for additional trailers to be towed. BV (2.0) = 651
- The Teppô is was made using the rules for Super-Heavy Vehicles from Strategic Operations and TechManual. Its trailer counterparts were built with rules found in the "Combat Vehicle" section of the TechManual.
- As of this writing, Teppô and its support trailers have no record sheets. Originally they were to appear in Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, where the Teppô is listed in the table of content. However, the record sheets themselves were not added to the PDF release of the Record Sheets.
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental, pp. 20-21, "Teppô Support Vehicle"
- MUL online entry for the Teppō
- Writers Reply to Question regarding rules used to construct the Vehicle
- Writers Reply to Question regarding fate of the Record sheets for the Teppô.