|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Alshain 560-Carrier Endo Steel|
|Armor||New Samarkand Royal Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Omni 175 Compact Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 5|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
Developed as much to replace units lost in the Blakists' Jihad as to prove the enduring industrial strength of the Draconis Combine, the Wight is a daring and innovative 'Mech design. With the loss of their main facility on the Combine's capital in 3068, Luthien Armor Works was caught between a government contract it could not refuse, yet could not fulfill due to lack of facilities, resulting in a surprising solution. Buying up a large volume of worn out 10-K model Panthers sent to Wakazashi Enterprises for refurbishment, LAW stripped each 'Mech down to its base Endo Steel skeleton and then contracted with StarCorp Industries of Son Hoa in the Lyran Alliance to share the cost of a new design, shipping some of these frames to StarCorps with the paired ER lasers mounted to outfit as they wished. Those frames LAW retained, it added a Compact Fusion Engine, double heat sinks and Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor to give the Wight surprising longevity for a front line light 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
The Wight's weapon array suits its role as a short ranged brawler, based around one of the newly introduced Lord's Light Heavy Particle Projection Cannons in the right torso, backed up by dual mounted Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers. Its all energy weapon load-out allows the 'Mech to stay in action as long as its bulky armor and its pilot's endurance will allow.
- Despite sharing the cost of the design, StarCorp has never produced the base model, blasting LAW for its low mobility by light 'Mech standards. StarCorp's base version of the Wight uses standard Ferro-Fibrous armor and carries a Snub-Nose PPC as its main weapon to allow it to mount jump jets, trading firepower for mobility. BV (2.0) = 1,093
- WGT-4NC Wight Dezgra
- This Wight variant is used by disgraced members of Clan Nova Cat as an assassination unit. Combining Inner Sphere and Clan technology creates a fast, stealthy unit capable of quickly inflicting damage on units and unprotected targets. A Clan Large Pulse Laser and Medium Pulse Laser provide its striking power, and Clan Ferro-Fibrous Armor provides protection. It's also built on a Clan spec Composite Structure. A Watchdog CEWS provides electronics support. Providing power is an Inner Sphere XL Engine. A Chameleon LPS and Null Signature System affect enemy targeting systems. The Wight Dezgra has a jump radius of 210 meters. This design is also used by Republic of the Sphere special forces units.
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 70-71, "Wight 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Wight
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 129
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 41
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 44
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 133
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 42
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 45
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 134
- Experimental Technical Readout: Phantoms, p. 3
- Spotlight On: Stone's Trackers, p. 7
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 70
- Field Report DCMS, p. 6