30th Marik Militia
|30th Marik Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Parent Formation||Marik Militia|
 Anton’s Revolt
 Fourth Succession War
During the Fourth Succession War, the 30th captured the Lyran world of Phecda, and then were required to hold it against a hostile population until 3029. The 30th spent most of the next two decades on the border world of Wing. They picked up their nickname, David's Heirs, in action against the Federated Commonwealth in 3047, by destroying the 17th Arcturan Guards main supply cache despite being completely outmatched, forcing the FedCom unit to withdraw. Marshal Van Creval compared the fight to the story of David and Goliath.
 Andurien Secession
 Operation Guerrero
During Operation Guerrero the 30th landed on Graham IV and took the world for the Free Worlds League. The tactics used by the 30th were later used by several Free Worlds League academies to teach hunter-killer tactics to cadets. Their performance also led to a better supply situation.
The 30th Marik Militia was part of Operation Broken Fist, the defense of the Free Worlds League against invading forces from the Lyran Commonwealth's Skye and Bolan Provinces. One battalion also fought in the Coalition invasion of Terra, striking Babylon with the 6th Benjamin Regulars and Juggernaut. This battalion took heavy losses and was effectively destroyed. The remainder of the unit was recalled to the Tamarind District before the Terran assault. The unit split into two battalion sized formations and garrisoned Dalcour and Cerillos.
The Manei Domini raided Cerillos at the end of the Jihad. The Blakists slammed through the battalion and inflicted heavy casualties. The Marik Militia battalion was able to hold out long enough for their sister battalion to arrive from Dalcour. The arrival of the second battalion tipped the scales in favor of the Militia, but the Domini were able to escape out of the system after inflicting massive losses on both battalions. The 30th Militia was reduced to 20% of their nominal strength after tangling with the Manei Domini, and relocated to Loongana to rebuild.
The 30th is adept at hit-and-run tactics, and used them to great effect during the Andurien secession conflict.
 Composition History
30th Marik Militia (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Forest McCall
- CO: Colonel Stephen Harter
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Stephen Harter
- XO: Force Commander Glen Friers
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Mira Alexander
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Ruben Lopez
- A quater of the light 'Mechs equiped with MASC
- Wing Commander: Commander Sean Anepaugh
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Jean-Phillipe Serrault
- Reinforced to three light and one heavy Companies
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Gregori Baulk
The loss of a battalion on Terra reduced the Thirtieth to about 70 percent of their pre-Jihad strength.
30th Marik Militia (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Force Commander Ruben Lopez
30th Militia Aerospace (Wing/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: Captain Kingsley Lewerenz
30th Militia Armor Regiment (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Amanda Richards
30th Militia Mechanized Infantry (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Guiscad Nakano
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 67, "30th Marik Militia Unit Profile"
- ↑ The Kell Hounds, p.
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 149
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 80
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Field Report: FWLM, p. 11
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 89
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 Field Manual: 3085, p. 93, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table - 3025"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 20 Year Update, p. 56, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Objective Raids, p. 38, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 Field Manual: Updates, p. 160, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3067"