Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)
|Manufacturer||Foster Mechworks Facility Beta|
|Chassis||Hellion Light Endo Steel V3|
|Armor||Compound Beta Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Warrior 240 XL|
|Communications System||HCFA 3001 5.7|
|Targeting Tracking System||HCFA 3005 4.3|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||Foster Ocelot Mrk. VIII|
The Arctic Cheetah was originally designed by Clan Ice Hellion to replace the Mist Lynx OmniMech. Shortly after they began production in 3037, Clan Smoke Jaguar conquered the factory on Foster that produced the design, enabling the Jaguars the replace their Mist Lynx 'Mechs. The design was dubbed the Hankyu (Japanese for "short bow") by the Draconis Combine forces that first encountered it during the Battle of Luthien.
The Arctic Cheetah uses all the weight-saving materials that were available to the Clans in the 3030s: an Endo Steel structure, an XL Engine, and four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. It maintains enough jump jets in the base chassis to leap up to one hundred eighty meters at a time.
 Weapons and Equipment
Every variant of the Arctic Cheetah mounts a modular Flamer somewhere on the 'Mech for anti-infantry work. The most common configuration to Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Nova Cat uses a pair of LRM-5s and ER Medium Lasers, enabling it to excel in medium-range work. The primary configuration is also an incredible scout, mounting an Active Probe, ECM Suite, and TAG.
- Alt. Config. E
- Configured for anti-infantry work, this variant carries two Machine Gun Arrays populated with three Light Machine Guns each as its primary weaponry. These are backed up by a single Flamer, and battle armor troops are threatened by the twin B-Pods mounted on the torso. For harder targets, it carries two Medium Pulse Lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,084
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 164-165, "Hankyu Profile"
- ↑ MUL online date for Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 151
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 105
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 160-161, "Hankyu"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 152
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 106
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 153
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 107
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 154
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 109
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 110
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 82
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 156
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 43
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 111