- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Ironhold Alpha Complex,|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3052|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 3 Light Endo-Steel|
|Armor||Compound JF Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||JF 200 XL|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series JFVIII KITT|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Fire Falcon was created in the early-3050s, apparently as a replacement for the Mist Lynx. The Fire Falcon is faster, has more front-facing armor, and more pod space, though it lacks the Jump Jets of that earlier 'Mech. It makes use of weight-saving materials in the form of an XL Engine, an Endo Steel internal structure, and four tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. Clan Jade Falcon first produced this OmniMech on their capital of Ironhold, but they soon began to produce it on the Occupation Zone headquarters of Sudeten. In November of 3069, Clan Steel Viper would sack Ironhold as part that Clan's effort to expel the Jade Falcons from the Clan Homeworlds. The invasion would end up destroying the Fire Falcon's production facilities, letting the design fade from use by Homeworlds based Clans.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Fire Falcon is best at short to medium range. There, it can bring its twin Streak SRM-4 launchers, Medium Pulse Laser, two ER Medium Lasers, and two ER Small Lasers to bear. While this barrage is powerful for a 'Mech its size, ten double heat sinks are mostly able to keep the design cool.
- Alt. Config. C
- Designed for scouting and work against conventional infantry, the C uses an Active Probe to find hidden targets. To use against those targets, it carries a Medium and Small Pulse Laser, one ER Small Laser, and a pair of SRM-6s. Against soft targets, four Machine Guns provide ample killing power. BV (1.0) = 930, BV (2.0) = 1,004
- Alt. Config. F
- This variant is designed to destroy infantry and battle armored troops. Equipped with an Active Probe to sniff out targets, each side torso carries a Machine Gun Array with four Machine Guns. The arms each carry an ER Micro Laser and ER Small Laser to deal with battle armor. For heavier targets, the Fire Falcon F carries a single ER Large Laser. BV (2.0) = 1,135
- Stiletto - Using examples of the Fire Falcon salvaged in the wake of the Battle of Coventry, Coventry Metal Works would reverse engineer the chassis to develop the standard Inner Sphere BattleMech called the Stiletto.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 162-163, "Fire Falcon OmniMech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Fire Falcon
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 137
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 97
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 157-158, "Fire Falcon"
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 46-47 Exodus Requiem/The Vipers Strikes - Date & Events leading to the Invasion of Ironhold and Fire Falcon's factory's demise.
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 17 Discarded Tools of War - Fire Falcon listed as among the 'Mechs phased out due to its main factory being complete loss.
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 138
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 98
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 139
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 140
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 100
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 141
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 101
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 102
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 103
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 143
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 37
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 104
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 56-57, "STO-4A Stiletto"