Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -66.56 Y: 469.98[e]
 Military Garrison
 Owner History
- 2571 - No record 
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2822 - Periphery 
- 2864 - Periphery 
- 3025 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3030 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3040 - Oberon Confederation 
- 3130 - The Barrens 
 Planetary Info
 Planetary History
In 2746 the 2nd Lyran Guards were deployed to Gustrell. Gustrell was located inside the Rim Worlds Republic's borders, but considered itself an independent world, despite the lack of a local 'Mech garrison. The deployment of the 2nd Guards was prompted by evidence discovered by the LIC indicating that a mercenary unit under contract to Gustrell's planetary government was responsible for a brutal assault on a Lyran research station in the Dark Nebula. The 2nd was deployed to Gustrell in retaliation.
The 2nd quickly destroyed the armor and infantry units that garrisoned Gustrell, and in two days had captured the planet's senate building. The Guard's action became known as the "Gustrell Massacre" after images of burned infantrymen were broadcast throughout the Inner Sphere. The 2nd remained on world until a Rim Worlds Republic garrison force could arrive. During that time the LIC completed their investigation and discovered that the mercenaries that had prompted the invasion operated on their own, without aid or comfort from the Gustrell planetary government.
The Rim Worlds Republic unit assigned to Gustrell in the wake of the massacre was the 4th Amaris Dragoons, under the command of Colonel Xatt Dague; Dague quickly distinguished himself through his actions in the wake of the Massacre, working to coordinate the actions of the 4th Dragoons and the 2nd Guards, as well as initiating a series of practise duels between himself and members of the 2nd Guards that soon earned him the nickname "Eagle Eye". After the LCAF regiment had left Gustrell Dague continued to build a name for himself by performing at military parades in a concerted effort to generate more interest in the Rim Worlds Army.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Era Report: 2750, p. 93, "Xatt Dague"
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic At the Fall of the Star League "
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 157, "Map of the Periphery"
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 39 "
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Era Report: 2750, p. 51, "Second Lyran Guards"