|Chassis||Corean Model 101BLP Endo Steel|
|Engine||LTV 400 XL|
|Communications System||Hartford JEA-1|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P FiberFeed 201 w/Artemis IV FCS Interface|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
|Speed||64.8 kph km/h|
The Grand Titan was designed by Vining Engineering and Salvage Team to take on the best 'Mechs that the Inner Sphere or the Clans had to offer. The 'Mech is built on an Endo Steel chassis and with a LTV 400 XL Engine, which propels the Grand Titan to a top speed of 64.8 kph, to save as much weight as possible. The Grand Titan also carries eighteen tons of armor. The design of the Grand Titan was sold to Earthwerks Incorporated in the Free Worlds League and has become a 'Mech commonly seen in the FWLM and the Word of Blake militia.
Weapons and Equipment
The Grand Titan carries a large arsenal of weapons that allow it to work best at short to medium range. The longest-range weapon carried is a Holly LRM-15 launcher linked to an Artemis IV fire control system for greater accuracy. The 'Mech also carries two Diverse Optics Type 20 Large Pulse Lasers which it brings to bear on an enemy as it closes ranges. Once at close range, the 'Mech carries two Diverse Optics Medium Pulse Lasers, two Diverse Optics Small Pulse Lasers, and a pair of Holly SRM-6 launchers with Artemis IV fire control systems. For protection from missile attacks, the 'Mech has a McArthur Anti-Missile System.
- The N11M model of the Grand Titan is a major modification of the design. The 'Mech carries as its primary long-range weapons a Light Gauss Rifle and an ER PPC which gives the 'Mech powerful long-range reach. The 'Mech has for short-range combat four Medium Pulse Lasers and two Streak SRM-4 launchers. It is also protected by a Guardian ECM Suite. This upgrade brings the Grand Titan to modern standards and makes it as powerful on the battlefield now as it was when it was first released. BV (1.0) = 1,688, BV (2.0) = 2,053
- This Grand Titan is based on a field refit. It carries a Heavy PPC, two ER Medium Lasers, a single ER Large Laser, two Medium Lasers, and a Small Pulse Laser for anti-infantry work. For close combat it carries a Sword. It also has a 90 meter jump radius. A Heavy Duty Gyro has been Armored, as has the cockpit and all the arm and leg actuators. At the same time, this Grand Titan is equipped with Triple Strength Myomer which allows it to inflict twice as much damage in a physical brawl, as well as reach speeds of 64km/h. BV (2.0) = 2,533
- T-IT-N14R Grand Titan Vengeance
- Developed by the Principality of Regulus during the Jihad, the Grand Titan Vengeance trades the weaponry and armor of the standard version for Hardened Armor, an Armored Compact Gyro, Armored Engine, and Armored Cockpit. The 'Mech also has a Full-Head Ejection System. All this protection, and a 60-meter jump radius, seems strange, but the Vengeance has a single Thumper Artillery Piece with two tons of ammo in a CASE II protected bin. This, along with two Clan built ER Medium Lasers, are the only weapons on the unit. This would seem a ridiculously light amount of weaponry, but intelligence reports suggest that the Vengeance uses the Thumper to launch nuclear warheads.
Grand Titan in 12th Atrean Dragoons colors
- MUL online date for the Grand Titan
- Combat Operations, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 126
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 158
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 195
- Experimental Technical Readout: Phantoms, p. 6