- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Mynx Type Medium Endo Steel|
|Armor||Gamma Special Reflective|
|Engine||Consolidated 300 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 5 CAT TTS|
Designed in the middle of the thirty-second century, the Wendigo is a Medium Class OmniMech designed and produced originally for Clan Nova Cat. The 'Mech's creation stems from the results of the Clan's prolonged efforts with Draconis Combine's Luthien Armor Works to produce a replacement design for its touman. The resulting Avalanche turned out to be less than what the Clan had hoped for, so using the basic premise of the Avalanche design, the results of Clan Scientists would become the Wendigo.
The Wendigo was first deployed just after the Draconis Combine commenced its invasion of the Republic of the Sphere. After deployment of early prototype models, a more refined Wendigo would emerge to become the Nova Cat's frontline OmniMech. However, near the end of the "Nova Cat Rebellion", the Wendigo's production facilities would be badly damaged by fighting between Combine forces and Nova Cat's Gamma Galaxy. The end of the rebellion and death of the Nova Cats would lead to the Wendigo being dispersed among Clan Sea Fox and Draconis Combine.
Weapons and Equipment
Built strictly with Clan technology, the Wendigo uses advance technology innovations in its design. Among these new advances, is use of 9.5 tons of Reflective Armor on its hull, while its cockpit is moved to the torso. The design features at its heart a 300 rated Extra Light Engine, allowing it to move upwards of 97 kph.
Allotted 19.5 tons of pod space, the OmniMech's primary configuration features a wide range of long-range and short range weaponry. These include a single 10-Tubed Long-Range Missile launcher, with a Class 2 Ultra Autocannon for long range engagements. For close-range engagements the 'Mech features four ER Medium Lasers and a single 6-tubed Streak Short-Range Launcher.
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed for intermediate and close range fighting, the B Configuration features eight Improved Jump Jets allowing maneuverability to bring its four ER Medium Lasers and six ER Small Lasers to bear on would-be opponents. The design's protection is augmented with a Guardian ECM. BV (2.0) = 2,369
- Alt. Config. C
- This configuration features Improved Lasers and precision missile systems. These include two head mounted Improved Heavy Medium Lasers, with a single Improved Heavy Large Laser mounted in the right arm actuator. A single Streak LRM-15 Launcher is mounted in other arm. Rounding out the components is a single ER Small Laser and an additional Double Heat sink help cope with the heat. BV (2.0) = 2,548
Before it entered full production, the Wendigo had limited number of prototypes made. These similar forerunners were also OmniMechs featuring a smaller engine with only 10 Double Heatsinks, but had Pod capacity. These slower designs were among units first sent into the Republic as part of the Combine's invasion force. However, these prototypes were flawed and fraught with glitches. It was decided to sacrifice its large carrying capacity for more speed and thus were scrapped in favor of the production model.
The Wendigo has the following Design Quirks:
The Wendigo was originally created for Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectable Miniatures game. The 'Mech first appeared in print as part of MWDA Novel Heretic's Faith written by Randall N. Bills. In this novel, the 'Mech weaponry would first appear in print. The variant that was piloted by the novel's protagonist, Kisho Nova Cat, would be come Wendigo-VP.
- online date for the Wendigo
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 37, Wendigo - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 146
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p.36 Wendigo - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p.37 Wendigo - Stats and abilities
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 92, Wendigo - A Configuration Info
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 147
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 93 Wendigo - B Configuration Info
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 148
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 94, Wendigo : B Configuration Info
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 149
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p.36-37, 95-96 Wendigo - Configurations Info
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 151