1st Freemen (Rasalhague Dominion)
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Affiliation|| Rasalhague Dominion|
Clan Ghost Bear (previous)
|Parent Command||Taiga Galaxy|
After the merging of the Republic into the Ghost Bear Dominion, Clan Ghost Bear would by 3074 would re-organize the KungsArmé into a new Clan oriented military fighting force. Honoring the Free Rasalhague Republic's military past, the Clan reforming lost regiments at hands of the Clan's invasion of 3050. This would include the First Freemen, which would join the Republic's Second Freemen, and newly formed Third Freemen.
The Clan in order to drum unity of the merge of the two states, would staffed Cluster with native Rasalhaguians and former KungsArmé soldiers. The soldiers of the First Freemen would have to undertake a series of Trials of Position to attain their place in the Cluster. Assigned to the newly formed Taiga Galaxy, the unit would soon be redeployed within the Dominion in order to free up Clan frontline Combat units to fight the Word of Blake.
During the brief KungsArmé rebellion in 3076, the unit would not join its sister unit, the Second Freemen in the rebellion. Despite it too sharing same resentment of the treatment of fellow soldiers of the former KungsArmé. The unit's members overcame their desire to revolt after bearing witness to many of their fellow Rasalhague soldiers being demoted to lesser roles or forces out of the Clan touman.
The unit would be moved to Soverzene as part of their garrison assignment as of December 3076. Because of it's fellow Cluster's betrayal, the unit had to work hard to regain the trust of the Dominion.
Early Dark Age Era
Post-Jihad Era Events
After the Jihad, the First Freemen raided the world of Skallevoll, where they encountered the 666th Mechanized Assault Cluster of Clan Hell's Horses Beta Galaxy. The Horses used the Freeman's overconfidence to to blood the Freemen while using deploying their new quad ProtoMechs. Flaw in their strategy was Freemen had underbidded their Trial with the Horses, not expecting much from ProtoMechs. The trial ended in stalemate, neither side not wanting to escalate matter futher into possible open conflict between the two Clans.
Second Combine-Dominion War
At command of Khan Kabrinski prior to the break out of fighting what would become the Second Combine-Dominion War in 3099, the Khan would end up bolstering the Dominion's KungsArmé Galaxies touman of troops and equipment. The Freeman's would built up to five Trinaries worth of troops and combat equipment.
- The Capture of Richmond
- Only actively partaking in last year of the conflict, the unit teamed up with the Third Freemen participated in last wave of the war. Where they part of the retaliation against the Draconis Combine's destruction of the WarShip Ursa Major. They would strike Richmond in November 15th, 3100, whereupon their landing on world, planetary officials would surrender to them immediately. The world's leader felt this was a means to avoid the destruction of their outclassed planetary militia which stood no chance against combined forces of the two Ghost Bear Clusters.
Late Dark Age Era
In 3103 two lances of the 1st Ghost regiment landed on Grumium. They were stopped by a First Freemen Nova, but the Nova was unable to prevent the Ghost's warriors from seizing tons of supplies and ammunition.
The Freeman would by the Late Dark Ages be assigned to patrol core sections of the Rasalhague Dominion, as part of the nation's reserve military forces. The Cluster's commanding officer would world his displeasure at miss opportunities of reclaim lost Rasalhaguian worlds which had recently been abandon by Clan Wolf only to be lost the Clan Hell's Horse during land grab of their absence.
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Freemen (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Rhett Weaver||3076|
|Galaxy Commander||Hjalmer Olsen||3085|
|Commanding Officers of the 1st Freemen (Rasalhague Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Fred Johansen||3145|
- 3145 - First Freemen by 3145, like other Freemen Clusters try to corral and isolate elements of opposing force, then use Star of Huitzilopochtli guided by binary worth scout vehicles to destroy them.
- First Freemen Cluster [Elited Skilled, Reliable Loyalty]*see unit notes
- Unit Note 1: As of December 3076, the unit was headquarters out of Soverzene at 60% of fighting strength. The Unit was considered to be Veterans skilled and have a loyalty of Reliable rating to Clan Ghost Bear, while being fanatically loyal to the people of the former Free Rasalhague Republic.
- Unit Note 2: The Cluster, like other Clan KungsArmé forces equipment consist of mix of ComStar, Draconis Combine, Lyran, Clan Second-Line 'Mechs and by 3077, some Word of Blake BattleMech as well.
- First Freemen (Cluster) [Regular Skilled, Questionable Loyalty]
- First Freemen (Cluster) [Elite Skilled, Fanatical Reliable]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Damian, the unit at 55% strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 14% Second-Line equipment.
- First Freemen (Cluster) [Elite Skilled, Fanatical Loyalty]
- Unit Note: Stationed on Kandis, the unit is at 85% fighting strength, Omni Equipment Rating of 0% Second Line equipment. The unit normally deploys Star of Huitzilopochtli as part of the unit's tactics in destroying opposing forces.
Historical: Wars of the Republic Era (Special Command Rules)- Due to being on the border of the Draconis Combine, the First Drakøns has salvaged number units from the enemy prior to Second Combine-Dominion War. When using the Random Assignment Table (RAT) from this book, First Freemen players must roll 2 units out of five from the Draconis Combine and Nova Cat RAT.
Field Manual: 3145 (Special Command Rules)- Taiga Galaxy affiliated Clusters, including the First Freemen, utilize off-board artillery when it's mutually agreed between players to use them. When fighting on worlds that have historical ties to the old Rasalhague Republic or part of the Rasalhague Dominion they receive -1 to all gunnery skill checks, while receiving -2 to any initiative rolls. These additional conditions reflects to the warriors of the Cluster's tactical wisdom and fanatical devotion to anything tied to the Rasalhague Republic.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's configuration and origin as Inner Sphere Regiment.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 59 - Reorganization of KungsArmé, which includes the 1st Drakøns as a Clan Ghost Bear combat force.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 101 - Domestic Affairs - KungsArmé merge and Trials to retain their warrior status noted.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 - Unit's rebirth as a BattleMech Cluster honoring old Free Rasalhague Republic's dead Regiment by the same name.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 91 Rasalhague Rebellion - First Freemen did not join in the rebellion against the Ghost Bears.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Taiga Galaxy status on the Cluster.
- Field Report: Clans, pp.22-23 Irregular Forces/Tundra Galaxy - First Drakøns would receive upgrades for not acting out during the Rebellion, but were not trusted.
- Field Manual: 3085, pp 116,121 Clan Hell's Horses / Beta Galaxy - Two sources describe brief encounter with First Freemen in battle with Horse's new quad Protomech.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 121 - Clan Ghost Bear/Taiga Galaxy - The cluster's galaxy deployments in later part of the Jihad/Early Dark Age.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 22 State of Readiness/Clan Ghost Bear - Freemen's galaxy receives bolstering of fighting equipment and men for coming war. Number of Trinaries noted.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 27 Richmond and Idlewind - Final Wave - First Freeman invades Richmond and captures it with little effort.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 48
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 164 Taiga Galaxy - First Freemen would be assign to patrol core worlds of the Dominion as reserve force.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Polar Galaxy - Galaxy Commander Rhett Weaver shown to be in command of Taiga galaxy in 3076, the First Freemen has always been lead unit of the galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128 Clan Military Forces/Ghost Bear Dominion - "Taiga Galaxy's First Freemen commanding officer is listed, who is also the Tundra Galaxy's commander.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173 Clan Military Forces/Rasalhague Dominion - "Taiga Galaxy's 1st Freemen commanding officer is listed for 3145, who is also the Polar Galaxy's commander.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 164 Tagia Galaxy - Freemen Cluster information includes galaxy wide tactics of using heavy artillery vehicles to destroy enemy once they are isolated.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076,p. 105 - KUNGSARMÉ / Taiga Galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128 First Freemen - Unit command is same as it was in 3076, along with status and split loyalities.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorp Dossiers, p. 113 -Equipment note.
- Field Report: Clans, p. 24 - IRREGULAR FORCES/KUNGSARMÉ/ Tundra Galaxy - 1st Freemen 's status with the rest of Taiga Galaxy.
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 128,195 Clan Military Forces/Ghost Bear Dominion and Master Equipment Levels - "1st Freemen status as of 3085, unit strength, tech levels and level of equipment. SL=Second Line Units, with no modifiers to advance equipment.
- Field Manual: 3145, pp.164, 173 Clan Force Deployment 31st December 3145 / Taiga Galaxy - 1st Freemen status as of 3145, unit strength, tech levels, and percentage of equipment mix.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 91 Special Rules fore the Second Combine Dominion War/KungsArmé - First Drakøns and rest of the KungsArmé gains access to Draconis Combine and Clan Nova Units due to their year on the border.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 209 Rules Annex Special Command Rules /Rasalhague Dominion/Taiga galaxy - Taiga Galaxy units, including the First Freemen receive bonus and special conditions in 3145 time period.