4th An Ting Legion
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Fourth An Ting Legion|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
|Nickname||The Budda's Light|
|Parent Formation||An Ting Legion|
|Formed||First Succession War|
The Fourth An Ting Legion was a medium BattleMech regiment in the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. One of five regiments formed by the government of An Ting as a contribution towards supporting Chancellor Jinjiro Kurita in the Second Succession War, the Fourth An Ting Legion performed well in the early years of the war but was badly damaged during some costly defeats towards the end of the war. With An Ting declining due to failing water purification technology and the general technological collapse common to the Inner Sphere during the Second Succession War, the government of An Ting was no longer able to support the Legions, and the DCMS took on responsibility for equipping and supporting the surviving elements, reorganizing them into two regiments, one of which was the Fourth.
Third Succession War
The best source of MechWarriors for the Fourth since the formation of the regiment had been the An Ting Academy, a former Star League Defense Force facility that the planetary government had renovated during the First Succession War and turned into an academy, producing skilled MechWarriors, aerospace fighter pilots and elite special forces infantry. In 3015 alumni from the Sun Zhang Military Academy raided the An Ting Academy in retaliation for defeats during the Kensai Kami, and the An Ting Academy closed. In addition to the loss of the graduates the An Ting Academy had provided, the Fourth and her sister regiment continued to slide down the priority list for supplies from the DCMS.
Fourth Succession War
Stationed on Valentina when the Clans invaded, when Gunji no Kanrei Theodore Kurita received word from First Prince Hanse Davion that the Federated Commonwealth wouldn't launch attacks on the Combine while both states were committed to fighting the Clans, Theodore redeployed units from along the Commonwealth border to the frontline against the Clans, and it was during these months that the Fourth were most likely redeployed to the battlegrounds of the Alshain Military District. Clan Smoke Jaguar faced the heaviest resistance yet seen from the DCMS, as the bolstered troops fought for every centimeter of ground and even forced the Jaguars to withdraw from a number of worlds attacked during the Fourth Wave of Operation REVIVAL because they had underestimated the strength of the opposition and underbid when competing for worlds to invade.
The Fourth was reported to have been heavily damaged by forces from Clan Smoke Jaguar on Itabaiana in 3050 and driven into the mountains; with no contact from survivors as of 3059, the DCMS declared the unit to have been destroyed. When forces from Clan Nova Cat invaded Itabaiana in January 3052 the planetary government surrendered immediately to elements of the 179th Striker Cluster because they had no forces to defend the planet with, effectively confirming the destruction of the Fourth. Despite the destruction of the Fourth, the performance of both the Fourth and her sister regiment, the Second, was enough to convince Theodore to direct additional resources and supplies to the An Ting Legions in the aftermath of the initial invasion.
|Commanding Officers of the 4th An Ting Legion|
|Brigadier General||Jophet Pati||3025 - 3050|
Fourth An Ting Legion (Green/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Legion was a medium-weight regiment, operating at full strength and stationed on Kaznejoy.
4th An Ting Legion (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Kaznejoy with an operational readiness of 157 percent. 
4th An Ting Legion (Regiment/Green/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Kaznejoy with an operational readiness of 68 percent. 
Fourth An Ting Legion (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Brigadier General Jophet Pati
- Note: The 4th An Ting Legion is a medium 'Mech unit. At this point in time the unit was stationed on Valentina. 
- First Succession War, p. 136, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery (DCMS)"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 97, "An Ting Legions: Return to Prosperity"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p.133
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 26
- 20 Year Update, p.41
- Invading Clans, p. 59, "Fourth Wave: The Jaguar Stumbles"
- Invading Clans, p. 119, "Itabaiana (DC)"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 135, "Deployment Table"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 148 "The An Ting Legion"
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 96
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 139