7th Army (ComStar)
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|7th Army V-iota|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||"The Dark Wave"|
|Parent Formation||Com Guard|
During the Battle of Tukayyid, the veteran rated Seventh Army were the primary defender of Joje and Tost against capture by Clan Nova Cat. While the Nova Cat forces inflicted far heavier losses than what they sustained, the Seventh carried the day and neither target city was under threat. 
With the arrival of the Word of Blake and the ejection of ComStar from the Free Worlds League in 3052, the Seventh Army was moved to station planets on the FedCom-League Border. With the FWLM's recapture of League worlds lost to the Federated Commonwealth in the Fourth Succession War in 3057, the Seventh was redeployed along the coreward edge of the Lyran Alliance to bolster defenses against a repeat of the Jade Falcons' Coventry campaign. 
Unfortunately the Seventh was one of the Armies most negatively effected by the promotion of Victor Steiner-Davion to the position of Precentor Martial, with the Seventh's commanding officer and a large number of troops choosing to defect to the Word of Blake rather than serve under him.  Between a succession of unidentified raiders nibbling at the Lyran border, the Jade Falcon incursion during the FedCom Civil War and the defection and excommunication of the 244th Division, the Seventh's position is seriously weakened, with calls for reinforcements not yet heeded. 
After the beginning of the Jihad the ComGuard Armies were stretched too thin. To counteract this, the 7th-12th Armies were disbanded and used to reinforce the 1st-6th Armies. This gave each of the newly-reinforced Armies a full six Divisions. The 7th Army was one of the formations affected.
|Commanding Officers of the Seventh Army|
|Precentor||Yusuf ibn Ayyub||3067|
- 417th Division (Major Trouble IV-lambda, on Talitha)
- 9th Division (Bountiful Words IV-mu, on Regulus)
- 13th Division (Comprehension Is All IV-psi, on New Olympia)
- 431st Division (Quiet Contemplation IV-xi, on Camlann)
- 244th Division (Peace Through Words IV-rho, on Gibson)
- 467th Division (Whirlwinds IV-mu, on Home)
3053 to 3057
- 9th Division (Dark Kat Killers IV-pi, on Talitha)
- 244th Division (The Cloaked IV-sigma, on Devil's Rock)
- 222nd Division (The Banished Few IV-xi, on Pollux)
- 214th Division (The Red Arrow Division IV-eta, on Sirius)
3058 to 3067
- 9th Division (Dark Kat Killers IV-pi, on Pasig)
- 244th Division (The Prince's Men IV-sigma, on Mogyorod) - Excommunicated after FedCom Civil War
- 222nd Division (The Banished Few IV-xi, on Kowloon)
- 214th Division (The Red Arrow Division IV-eta, Engadine)
- Tukayyid, p. 40, "Campaign: Clan Nova Cat"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 28, "5th Army V-Omicron: The Mountaineers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 86, "7th Army V-Iota (The Dark Wave)"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 210
- 20 Year Update, p. 71, "7th V-Kappa"
- ComStar, p. 85, "7th Army V-Iota"