3rd Tikonov Guards
|Third Tikonov Guards|
|Parent Command||Tikonov Guards|
Age of War
Numerous resistance groups were formed with Maskirovka assistance following the loss of central authority brought about by Gray Monday. Even while the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces were busy reclaiming worlds long lost to the Republic of the Sphere, the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns were also attempting to do the same. On the planets Kansu, Bharat, Hamal and even Chesterton, independence groups fought to keep their worlds free of Davion control. When House Liao finally reached their region of space in 3041, the Kansu Braves, Bharatiya Ganpats, Chesterton Long Rifles and Hamal Cossacks agreed to join the CCAF. These groups were soon reequipped from Capellan supply depots and assembled to become the Third Tikonov Guards.
Invasion of the Federated Suns in 3140s
Operation GREAT FLOOD
Operation CELESTIAL REWARD and after
On 12 December 3144, Warrior House Ijori and the supporting Third Tikonov Guards conquered Demeter as part of Operation CELESTIAL REWARD. The regiment appeared to have lost a battalion of mechs in the assault and have remained onplanet by 3145.
In 3146 the Third saved an important supply depot on New Aragon from an attack by the First Davion Guards, primarily by exploiting the Davion troops' orders to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties. The Tikonov Guards stirred up riots in the city of Argo while shepherding the Davion Guards through its streets; the Guards elected to withdraw rather than cause great loss of life.
|Commanding Officers of the 3rd Tikonov Guards|
The Third Tikonov Guards are very accurate in long range combat and prefer to keep the enemy at range.
The regimental insignia is a dao, a shashka, a talwar, and a saber arranged in a pinwheel. Equipment is painted dark green and goldenrod.
Third Tikonov Guards (Veteran/Fanatical)(70% Strength)
- CO: Sang-shao Ganeshkumar Mahajan
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Viktor Sevnik
- CO: Zhong-shao Xiu Tse
Chesterton Long Rifles (2 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)(75% Strength)
- CO: Zhong-shao Seymon Illich-Svitych
- The unit had a "B" Equipment Rating. They had numerous Assassins, Firebees, Koscheis and Thunderbolts.
There is no specific mention that the Chesterton Long Rifles did, in fact, originate from Chesterton. However, the names of the other armed groups seem to indicate this to be the case. As Chesterton was a world long occupied by the Federated Suns and was never an ROTS world, its mention may be a mistake.
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 38, "Tikonov Guards"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "The New Old-Fashioned Way"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 25, "3144"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 44, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 26
- Shattered Fortress, p. 18
- Shattered Fortress, p. 23
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 28, "Sarna and Tikonov Commonalities"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"