|Manufacturer||Arcadia BattleMech Plant CM-T15|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Armor||Arcadia Compound Delta VII Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Fusion 270 Standard|
|Communications System||C-XII Series B4 GDS|
|Targeting Tracking System||C-12 Mk. III w/Artemis IV FCS|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
One of the most popular Star League BattleMechs, many a Highlander accompanied General Aleksandr Kerensky into exile. Some were mothballed, but many found their way into the toumans of the Clans. As technology advanced, the weapons systems were upgraded until the design known as the Highlander IIC finally emerged. Though no new Highlanders have been produced in over a century, several hundred are still in scattered use throughout the touman of every Clan.
With the use of newer, lighter weapons, the damage potential of the Highlander has roughly doubled. The IIC also contains enough ammunition that it rarely needs to conserve any during Trials. Clan scientists were forced to rearrange the placement of some weapons within the 'Mech to allow it proper ammo feeds, but the design is largely unchanged. It carries the maximum amount of Ferro-Fibrous armor that can be crammed on the frame, fourteen and a half tons. As with the original, the IIC carries enough jump jets to move up to ninety meters at a time, allowing MechWarriors to execute the "Highlander Burial".
Weapons and Equipment
At long range, Highlander IIC pilots have an EMRG "Captain" Series Gauss Rifle and a Type XXVI "Great Bow" LRM-20 launcher at their disposal. Once enemies are closer, they can bring a pair of MPA-14 Mod. 12a Streak SRM-6 launchers and a trio of Series PPS-VIII Medium Pulse Lasers into the fray. Twelve double heat sinks keep heat mostly in check.
- Highlander IIC 2
- This new variant was introduced during the onslaught of fighting of the Jihad in 3072. The variant is fitted out as an all-range combatant with enhanced anti-infantry fighting. It has retained its Gauss Rifle & Streak SRM 6, while designs exchanged the LRMs for three ATM 6 Launchers with four tons of ammunition. The Medium Pulse Lasers, have been exchanged for trio of ER Medium Lasers. For its anti-infantry role, it has six AP Gauss Rifles fitted into its left arm, with a ton of ammunition for them. Endo Steel has been added to the design, allowing for slight increase in its armor protection. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 2,928.
From MechWarrior Online:
- The Highlander IIC A is an ER PPC boat. Swapping the Gauss Rifle for ER PPC, the left-torso pulse lasers are also replaced by twin ER PPCs. These swaps are made possible by the removal of one of the left arm Streak 6 launchers and the Artemis unit from the right torso LRM-20, carrying three tons of missiles for each launcher. The Highlander IIC A downgrades the Ferro-Fibrous armor to standard plating to free up space for a Endo Steel frame instead and carries a total of twenty Double Heat Sinks.
- Like the original Highlander IIC, the B retains the Gauss Rifle and twin Streak SRM-6 racks, but replaces the single LRM-20 with twin LRM-15 racks in the right torso, removing one of the Medium Pulse Lasers to help free up the weight needed. Trading Ferro-Fibrous armor to standard to free up space for a Endo Steel frame like the A, the Highlander IIC B is fitted with fourteen double heat sinks and carries three tons of gauss rounds, two of streak reloads and four of LRM missiles.
- The Highlander IIC C trades the standard variant's Gauss Rifle for a pair of Ultra Autocannon/10s, retaining the trio of Medium Pulse Lasers while removing the LRM-20's Artemis module and one of the left-arm Streak SRM-6 launchers. The Highlander IIC A carries two tons Ultra autocannon rounds, four tons of LRM missiles and a single ton of Streak reloads. Such a heavy loadout is made possible thanks to the use of 270 rated XL Engine, the A clad in the maximum amount of Ferro-Fibrous armor and fitted with fourteen double heat sinks.
- HGN-IIC-KP Keeper
- Reportedly piloted by Star Colonel Hazel of Clan Star Adder, the Highlander IIC Hero 'Mech is armed with a Gauss Rifle in the right arm and left torso, supported at short-range by a pair of Streak SRM-4 launchers in left arm and right torso. In case the four tons of Gauss rounds and five tons of Streak reloads run out, the left-arm also carries an ER Large Laser. Keeper is built around an 270 rated XL engine and an Endo Steel frame, fitted with three jump jets and twelve double heat sinks and clad in fourteen and a half tons of standard armor.
- MUL online date for the Highlander IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 222
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 184-185, "Highlander IIC"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 282
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 283, "new Highlander IIC variant introduced during the Jihad".
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 148
- MechWarrior Online Origin Sale Page
- MechWarrior Online Clan IIC Heroes Sale Page