|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Kallon Type XIV Endo Steel|
|Armor||Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||VOX 325 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T12-S|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret T11fc|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double Heat Sinks|
As part of First Prince Victor Steiner-Davion's attempt to rebuild national pride in the Federated Commonwealth, the JagerMech underwent a redesign and was christened the JagerMech III and introduced in 3058. The JagerMech III is built along a similar philosophy as the original: keeping an enemy at range. To make this new JagerMech III fit into the mobile warfare doctrine embraced by the AFFC, the 'Mech is powered by a massive VOX 325 XL engine that gives it a top speed of 86.4 km/h while weighing half as much as a standard fusion engine. To save even more weight, the JagerMech III is built on a Kallon Type XIV Endo Steel chassis. The JagerMech III carries armor in line with its role as a long-range 'Mech, with only nine and a half tons of Kallon Unity Weave Ferro-Fibrous armor. The design has suffered some criticism for its lack of CASE to protect its ammunition, especially given the amount of advanced technology on board. Finally, to dissipate waste heat, the 'Mech has twelve double heat sinks.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapons the JagerMech III carries, for long range combat, are two Mydron Model D-rf Light Ultra Autocannons that are capable of hitting with light damage out to seven hundred and fifty meters. For intermediate ranges, in spite of the state-of-the-art construction techniques used on the 'Mech, the JagerMech III relies on two Johnston Parti-Cannon PPCs backed up by two Intek Medium Lasers for close combat.
- The D4 variant, introduced in 3073, changes out the 'Mech's armor for Light Ferro-Fibrous armor. The 'Mech's Double Heatsinks have been increased to 16 so to handle the 'Mech's additional weapons. These additional weapons include a second pair of Medium lasers added to the center torso. In the arm actuators, the Ultra AC/2s have been replaced by Light PPCs. BV (2.0) = 1,831
Game Notes / Errata
While there is no evidence that the JagerMech III was deployed to the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery, Independence Weaponry had previously received the specifications to the updated JM6-DD Davion variant of the original JagerMech thanks to an agreement between First Prince Hanse Davion and Coordinator Theodore Kurita at the Outreach Summit of 3050, with the company taking part in joint Combine-FedCom projects such as the development of the Gunslinger perhaps indicating the JagerMech III specs were shared by Kallon.   It is also possible the JagerMech III was produced by the multinational IW exclusively for export to the Federated Suns, unlike the earlier JagerMech which was deployed to House Kurita units.
Original JagerMech III from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 110-111, "JagerMech III Profile"
- MUL online entry for JagerMech III
- Combat Operations, p. 127
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 174
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 164, "Jagermech's Jihad variant introduced with BV2".
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 74-75
- Technical Readout: 3055 p. 80