- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Koi Heavy Transport|
|Use||Civilian Heavy Cargo Hauler|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||WiGE (Large)|
|Cruise Speed||50 km/h|
|Flank Speed||80 km/h|
|Power Plant||Fusion |
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 6|
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Koi Heavy Transport (WiGE) was produced by Wakazashi Enterprises in the mid thirty-first century due to Coordinator Theodore Kurita's reforms to bring the Draconis Combine transportation infrastructure up to modern standards.
The Koi is the flagship of Wakazashi's efforts to do its part for the Combine. The Heavy Transport was seen as a large improvement for the economy's need for fast cargo-capable vehicles. In 3061, Koi's production line was temporarily halted due to a fire at the plant. The officials with Wakazashi suspected that their rivals at Pesht Motors were behind what they felt was sabotage. However, production continued and was widely accepted by civilian corporations and as well as planetary militias who saw the WiGE craft as a means to move equipment around without the use of expensive DropShips.
After the Jihad ended, Kervil became part of The Republic of the Sphere. Kervil housed the main production line of the Koi, Ryu, and Nishikigoi WiGEs. The Republic Armed Forces therefore had access to these WiGEs.
Weapons and Equipment
The Koi has a cargo capacity of 123.5 tons, with doors front and back for unloading cargo. The craft has been equipped with an Amphibious Chassis, which allows it to float and unload its cargo if need be from the water's edge. The vehicle is protected by 3 tons of BAR 6 grade commercial armor.
- Ryu Heavy Transport
- Wakazashi seeing the Koi's popularity with planetary militia increase, they created an armed and slightly up armored version of the Koi.
- The production version of the prototype listed below, this Koi variant uses the same Thunderbolt launchers and engine Supercharger. The armor, however, has been upgraded to seven tons of BAR 10 armor, and the Chaff Pods have been replaced by a pair of Anti-Missile Systems. To make room for these changes, the cargo capacity was reduced to 51 tons and the Communication Equipment was removed. This makes the production Nishikigoi a well-armored cargo ship that can deliver its cargo into hostile areas and provide some fire support as well. BV (2.0) = 2,017
- Based on the Koi, the Nishikigoi is best described as a unique experimental variant. This ship, an extensively armed transport, was employed on the world of Kaumberg in 3074. The craft has 5.5 tons of BAR 8 Rated Commercial armor and four turret mounted Thunderbolt 10 launchers. It also has been given four Chaff Pods mounted on the rear sides of the aircraft. The Nishikigoi's cargo capacity was reduced from the Koi's 123.5 tons to only 81.5 tons. Its engine has been given a Supercharger, which has increased the craft's speed. Also the ship can be employed as a command ship, using its 8 tons of Communication Equipment. BV (2.0) = 1,524
As of this writing, there are currently no canon record sheets for this support vehicle. However, XTRO: Boondocks does include a record sheet for the Nishikigoi custom variant.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 90, "Koi Heavy Transport"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 90, "Koi Heavy Transport"
- online date for the Koi
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 84, "WIGE Support Vehicle"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 67, "Nishikigoi"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 12, "Nishikigoi" - Modified Koi fluff and new features.