- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Pompier GM-3A FireMech|
|Use||Forest & Urban Firefighting|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Engine||GM Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Irian UHF|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The Pompier FireMech was constructed by GM's Kathil, for domestic firefighting needs. The ultra-light Industrial 'Mech was designed to traverse roads without damaging them. Since its introduction in 3044 the 'Mech has been purchased by various regions of the Inner Sphere and done well. It was designed to be able to go places that traditional firefighting vehicles are not able to. It is also designed to assist in urban environments where its special tools in fighting fires and salvage abilities are highly valuable.
After the Jihad GM transferred production of the Pompier to plants on El Dorado and Talcott. Those lines focused on producing the Pompier HT model, which was in high demand to clean up the many chemical warfare sites that were created during the conflict.
Weapons and Equipment
The Pompier is equipped with a Radial FlexiSprayer, which is the principle fire fighting equipment on the 'Mech, drawing either water or fire-retardant foam from an internal liquid tank with a maximal capacity of half a ton. Alternatively to using its internal tank, the 'Mech also can use hose adapters and plug into liquid tanker trucks or local fire hydrants. The 'Mech is powered by a Fuel Cell powered engine, giving it an overland speed of 32.4km/h.
The 'Mech is protected by 1.5 tons of Industrial Grade Armor, allowing it to survive damage sustained from operating close to the fire. However, the 'Mech lacks Environmental Sealing to protect its pilot from smoke and chemical fires.
- Pompier GM-3HT
- Pompier High-Threat is an emergency response FireMech designed to combat chemical fires. Introduced in 3060, the HT variant sacrifices its salvage arm for quadruple liquid tank storage capacity and environmental sealing enter high toxic fire situations. These 'Mechs have been seen in service with industrial complexes (space, air, and seaports) as well as traditional civil organizations. These organizations usually have a single or pair HT variants on standby. BV(2.0)=106
- Pompier GM-3CD
- Pompier Civil Defense variant first appeared in the Capellan March in 3062, after the Black May attacks of the Capellan-St. Ives War. A rare variation of the HT, which is designed as a decontamination of toxic chemical attacks. The 'Mech is equipped with sophisticated chemical sensors, Environmental Sealing, and improved tank to handle decontamination agents. The 'Mech is also modified to sample and test air for toxins. BV(2.0)=118
- Pompier GM-FL
- An unique version of the Pompier produced in 3076, this was originally designed to test engines and other unique configurations. It was stolen from GM in 3080 and ended up in the hands of a professional kidnapper. Equipped with Advanced Fire Control, it also mounts a pair of Machine Guns in the left arm, a Flamer in the right arm, and a Fluid Gun with a ton of ammo in the right torso. It uses a fusion engine to reach a cruising speed of 46km/h, with a common top speed of 64 km/h. GM engineers experimented with using a Supercharger on the design, and so it can reach a sprint speed of 84km/h. Despite these advances, it's only protected by half a ton of Commercial Armor so it cannot stand up to any battlefield weapon. Despite this shortcoming, it is perfectly adequate to oversee criminal activities and meetings. BV (2.0) = 88
The Pompier has only appeared in the TRO: Vehicle Annex. Additional GM design, 90 ton St. Florian FireMech is mentioned as well, but there are no known stats list anywhere for it.
- Master Unit Listing for Pompier GM-3A FireMech - Alpah Strike Data Card, Introduction date, and BV2 included
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 40 - Battle Value 2 Listed.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 220, "Pompier 'Mech Profile"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 198
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 42 GM-3HT - Battle Value 2 and Stats.
- Master Unit Listing for Pompier GM-3HT FireMech - Introduction Date Only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 40 - GM-3CD Battle Value 2 and stat information.
- Master Unit Listing for Pompier GM-3CD FireMech - Introduction Date Only
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 7
- Experimental Technical Readout: Most Wanted, p. 20
- MUL Profile for Pompier GM-FL - Includes; Introduction Date, Alpha Strike Data Card, BV2