- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Affiliation||Clan Jade Falcon|
When Elias Crichell was appointed senior Khan of the Jade Falcons in 3048, Galaxy Commander Timur Malthus was installed as his successor to the post of saKhan, as well as being given command of the Jade Falcon Galaxy.
The Disgrace of Twycross
When Star Colonel Adler Malthus and his Falcon Guards were wiped out on Twycross by the actions of a single Inner Sphere MechWarrior, the shame came to taint the entire Malthus genetic line. Political rivals of the Malthus Bloodname used the incident to force Timur Malthus to resign his position. Elias Crichell wasted no time in replacing Timur with Vandervahn Chistu.
After his disgrace and losing his rank, he retook his rank as Galaxy Commander in Sigma Galaxy, a post he kept at least until 3067, when he was also officially appointed as Khan Marthe Pryde's Homeworld deputy.
Return to the Inner Sphere
Timur's command saw only sporadic combat over the years, but had been reorganized to better guard theClan's homeworld possessions, notably on the old Jaguar capital of Huntress. Khan Pryde appointed Malthus her official proxy on Clan councils, making him a de facto second SaKhan. In 3064, Sigma Galaxy had been moved to the Inner Sphere, taking part in that year invasion to the Lyran Commonwealth, with Timur at his command. However, in planet Melissia he must face the Lyran counterattack, Operation Audacity, more specifically, the attack of Clan Wolf-in-Exile forces, lead by Phelan Kell. In the battle, Malthus was bidding higger than usual, determined top destroy the Wolves. Malthus used a trick, hiding part of his forces under a river's waters, to surround Kell's forces, but this one had surrounded him first, and forced Timur to concede the trial, leaving the planet again in Lyran hands.
He most probably died along the rest of his command during the Wars of Reaving, though if it happened on Marshall, Eden, Huntress, Tokasha or Strana Mechty is not known, though the last seems the most probable. It makes sense that his rank at that time was still Galaxy Commander.
Titles and Positions
|saKhan of Clan Jade Falcon
3048 – 3050
| Succeeded by|
While Timur Malthus is in command all Falcon units ignore enemy initiative bonuses.
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 20 - Elevation of Timur Malthus to saKhan
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 266-269, Kai Allard-Liao challenges and destroys the Falcon Guards
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 28 - Fallout from the Battle for Twycross
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 29
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 108, "Sigma Galaxy"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 49
- Operation Audacity p. 224
- Wars of Reaving, p. 47
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 179