1st Capellan Defense Force
|First Capellan Defense Force|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Defense Force|
|Unit Profile (as of 3060)|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Reserves|
The First Capellan Defense Force, formerly known as Stapelton's Grenadiers, was formed from the private guard of Lady Margaret "Bloody Mary" Stapleton and has generally outperformed expectations ever since.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
Raised by the personal resources of Lady Margaret Stapleton in reaction to a raid conducted by House Marik forces, which killed several members of the Stapleton family the ruling nobles of the planet Exedor. The command was loaned to the CCAF with one goal : to seed destruction among the Free Worlds League wherever possible. The first strike was in 3003 at Nam Dinh, an industrial center. Two years later at Fuentes, the Regulan Hussars learned the wrath of the Grenadier and the raid was successful with the destruction of many goods.
In 3008 the the tides turned against the command. The CO received information of an easy target in form of six companies of Atrean Dragoons on Sorunda, but the Maskirovka was unaware that the information came from a double-agent. The price for the retreat of world was terrible. Outnumbered three to one, the 3rd battalion sacrificed their lives to rescue the remaining two. Their CO lost also her life during the battle. The rebuilding process would take a long time.
4th Succession War
While the 1st battalion was stationed on Wazan, the 2nd on Campertown, and the 3rd on Lesalles all three planets were lost in the seventh wave of the AFFS's offensive. It is unknown if the units participated in any fighting during this time.
War of 3039
Then called Stapleton's Grenadiers, the unit was badly damaged trying to take Sarna during Operation Guerrero in 3057 during which the command staff made a last stand to allow the remainder of the unit to escape.
Xin Sheng Campaign
In 3064 and again in 3066 the unit made two four month long tours through the Chaos March. When Little Richard's Panzer Brigade was lost on Genoa the unit moved there to defend against any opportunistic Davion troops. The FedCom Civil War so drained Davion units that no fighting occurred and the 1st returned to their normal theater of operation.
During the Jihad the First CDF was constantly in the wrong place at the wrong time. Though Capella was attacked by the Blakists several times, the Holdfast Guard was able to repulse them each time (though suffering terrible losses in each encounter). As a result, the First CDF was called to Sian to replace the heavily damaged Red Lancers and Warrior House Imarra.
After the end of the Capellan attack on The Republic of the Sphere a battalion of the First Capellan Defense Force landed on Shoreham to test the Forty-second Avalon Hussars LCT. Although they eventually left the world, the First CDF was able to consistently outmaneuver the Davion machines. They also captured several tons of autocannon ammunition and coolant. This attack was noteworthy because it was led by Zhong-shao Alice Stapleton, a relative of the founder.
In 3141 the First CDF raided Ipswich. During this raid the Ducal Guard air wing inflicted heavy losses on the CDF's fighters. When the CDF landed on the world, they faced the Eighth Oriente Hussars. After taking heavy losses, the Capellan force withdrew.
- 3001 to 3025 The unit was commanded by its founder Lady Margaret Stapleton.
- 3050 the unit is commanded by Colonel William Assellin.
- 3063 the commanding officer was Sang-shao Gary Weinrib, one of the few survivors of the Sarna attack and winner of the Liao Sunburst for Gallantry.
- CO: Colonel Margaret Stapleton
- 1st Battalion: Major Will Blackthorne
- 2nd Battalion: Major Philip Porter
- 3rd Battalion: Major Chang Rho Kim
3063 to 3067
- CO: Sang-shao Gary Weinrib
- XO 1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Alexander Zivojinovic
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao John Rutsey
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao B.J. Pratt
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao Alec "Bounty" Bain
- Armor Commander: Zhong-shao Eric Jarra
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Lamont Forschault
- Infantry Commander (3067): Zhong-shao Terrence Bearpaw.
Due to the timing of the Jihad, the First Capellan Defense Force is one of the few Capellan units to emerge unscathed. They are at 100% of their pre-Jihad strength.
First Capellan Defense Force (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Gary Weinrib
First Capellan Defense Force Aerospace (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Wai Ching Yip
New Sagan Armor Auxiliaries (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Etienne Morel)
First Capellan Defense Force Infantry (2 Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Jimmy Baker
1st Capellan Defense Force (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Sebastian Stapleton
First Capellan Defense Force Aerospace (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Tak Cheung Sin
New Sagan Armor Auxiliaries (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Tuketu Shakopee
1st CDF Infantry (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Montrelle Estrada
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 76, "Unit Profile"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 92, "Stapleton's Grenadiers Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 23, "Capellan Defense Force Profile"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 12
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 29
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 44
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 32, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 46, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"
- 20 Year Update
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League