|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||The Red Heart Guard|
|Parent Formation||Capellan Hussars|
Originally raised in 2355 as the 2nd Hexare Lancers, and later renamed the Red Lancers after destruction of a rebellious unit Merik's Grenadier's in 2451-2452, a rogue Capellan Hussars unit that had assassinated Chancellor Duncan Liao in 2452.
 First Succession War
 Second Succession War - The Red Heart Guard
Recognising as the Second Succession War began in earnest in 2828 that the depleted CCAF could not hope to fend off simultaneous attacks from both Free Worlds League and Federated Suns, in a desperate gamble Chancellor Ilsa Liao stripped the League border of its best troops and personally lead the Red Lancers supported by elements of the Prefectorate Guard to strike the important Federated Suns staging world of Orbisonia to try and delay the Davion advance. While Ilsa's troops had a considerable weight advantage, their ranks consisting primarily of Warhammer and Marauder heavy 'Mechs, the defending units of the Avalon Hussars were much more experienced and managed to outmanoeuvre and outsmart the Capellans thanks to the heavy use of light reconnaissance and scout assets.   
By the fourth day of the campaign the Capellan forces were in full retreat, with Ilsa leading the rear-guard forces. Unbeknown to the Capellan forces, the Federated Suns troops had identified that Ilsa was leading the rear-guard and launched an aimed strike at her forces. During the final rear-guard action that saved the remains of the Capellan forces, Ilsa Liao was killed in action, becoming the first Capellan Chancellor to die on the battlefield. The Red Lancers would thereafter adopt the nickname of the "The Red Heart Guard" in commemoration of their fallen commander.   
 4th Succession War
Despite being stationed on Sian during the Fourth Succession War, the Red Lancers did not take part in the defense against the raid of the 1st Kathil Uhlans on the 24th of October, 3029, as only mechs of Warrior House Imarra stood at the space port as the honor guard for what they believed were the victorious returning 4th Tau Ceti Rangers.
 Andurien/Canopus Invasion
 War of 3039
 Operation Guerrero
 Operation Bulldog
 Xin Sheng Campaign
The Red Lancers accompanied Magestrix Naomi Centrella-Liao back to the Magistracy of Canopus in 3075, taking part in the campaign to liberate the Magistracy capital world of Canopus. When Naomi returned to the Capellan Confederation in December 3075 she left the Red Lancers on Canopus to reinforce the surviving planetary defenses.
 Republic Era
With Naomi Centrella-Liao's daughter named after the Red Lancer's legendary commander, the unit named the Ilsa an honorary sang-shao in the unit in 3084. The Lancers staged a full military parade on her sixteenth birthday, posters of the young Ilsa posing with several of the Red Heart Guards atop the canopy of a Men Shen OmniMech widely distributed across both the Confederation and Magistracy in its wake. 
The Lancers use divide-and-conquer tactics, splitting an enemy force in two. One tactic involves pinning an enemy unit between heavy Mechs and lighter, jump-capable units.
 Composition History
- CO: Colonel Judith Abermarle
- 1st Battalion: Major Adam Vinncenes
- 2nd Battalion: Major Andre Elias
- 3rd Battalion: Major Christine Jorgen
- CO: Colonel Andre Elias
- CO: Sang-shao An Shennu
- XO/1st Battalion Zhong-shao Piril Morad
- 2nd Battalion Zhong-shao Drew "Kali Yama" Patterson
- 3rd Battalion Zhong-shao Peter Smith
- Wing Commander: Kong-zhong-shao David Lo
- Armor Commander: Sao-shao Manor Helms
- Infantry Commander: Zhong-shao Elsa Hyung-Po
Red Lancers (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Sang-shao William Le Marchant
4th Sian Defense Wing (Wing/Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Fun Che Chow
The Blood Brigade (2 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Yuk Fan Lam
Red Lancers Infantry (4 Battalions/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Zhong-shao Wai On Ng
 Reunification War
- When randomly generating force experience the Red Lancers receive a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- When determining availability of equipment, replacements and advanced components, the Red Lancers receive a +1 bonus.
- The Red Lancers receive a +1 bonus to Initiative.
- Before the beginning of a game, the Red Lancers player may select one of the opposing force's special abilities and prevent them from using that ability during the game - this refers to combat abilities, and does not affect force generation rolls such as skill and equipment rolls.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 53, "Red Lancers Unit Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 77, "Red Lancers"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 28 "Sandol Quinn - Ilsa the Peacemaker - Debacle at Chesterton"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 47, "The Succession Wars - Second Succession War"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Handbook: House Liao, p. 29 "The Red Heart Guard"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 220, "Darter Scout Car"
- ↑ Twilight of the Clans, p. 13
- ↑ Field Manual: Update, p. 20, "Red Lancers Profile"
- ↑ Field Manual: Update, p. 94 "Star League Defense Force - Martial Olympiad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 19, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 23 "Capellan Confederation - Capellan Hussars - Red Lancers"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 20 Year Update, p. 62, "CCAF Deployment Table"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Objective Raids, p. 41, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 Field Manual: Update, p. 32, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 Historical: Reunification War, p. 182, "Capellan Confederation"