1st Crucis Lancers
|1st Cucis Lancers RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Nickname||"New Avalon Lancers"|
|Parent Formation||Crucis Lancers|
 Fourth Succession War
 War of 3039
During the War of 3039, the First Crucis Lancers and 1st Albion Training Cadre attacked the world of Capra. They quickly took the system. Leaving a battalion of 'Mechs from each unit behind to garrison Capra, General Yuu (the AFFS commander), left the system to attack Beta Mensae V. Due to a communications error, they never hit that world. Instead they were redirected to Kaznejov to distract Draconis Combine forces. There they skirmished with the 17th Galedon Regulars for two weeks, ultimately killing the 17th's commander. The 17th's commander also served as the commander of the Kaznejov Prefecture, which delayed DCMS reinforcements to Capra.
On Capra, the Mech battalion from the Crucis Lancers joined up with a regiment of tanks from the same unit. The armor commander assumed overall command of the AFFS forces on world. The 3rd Proserpina Hussars and 5th Galedon Regulars landed on Capra, but the AFFS forces had captured their JumpShips. The Lancers heavy tanks punched a hole through the Proserpina Hussars, and the Lancer 'Mechs quickly attacked the Kurita unit's rear areas. Unable to respond effectively, the Proserpina Hussars lost at least a battalion of 'Mechs and their command cohesion. With the Hussars in disarray, the Lancers turned to face the 5th Galedon Regulars. By maintaining the initiative and refusing to battle on the Draconian's terms, the Lancers unit was able to destroy or capture at least a third of the Draconis Combine's armor and 'Mechs. They also captured the battle standard of the Fifth Galedon Regulars.
 Clan Invasion
The First Lancers didn't make it to the Clan Front until the later stages of the Clan Invasion. They remained on station there until the formation of the Lyran Alliance, when Katherine Steiner-Davion ordered all Federated Suns units out of her realm. After they returned home, the First Lancers took up station in the Draconis March.
 Operation Bulldog
 Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War the 1st Crucis Lancers were loyal to Victor Steiner-Davion, and took Kilbourne and Woodbine before landing on Tsamma. Their luck changed there, being bogged down on Tsamma for two years of combat. The 3rd Crucis Lancers arrived and assisted the 1st in taking Tsamma. The 1st and 3rd then went to New Avalon to attack forces loyal to Katherine Steiner-Davion. After landing on the world, the 1st Crucis and Davion Assault Guards were heavily damaged by the 10th Deneb Light Cavalry and rotated off the front lines. The two units were formed into a single brigade under the command of Marshal Stephan Cooper, commander of the Assault Guards. After the New Avalon attacks, the 1st Crucis Lancers were at approximately one-half their listed strength. They were based on their new homeworld of Nanking.
When the Word of Blake landed on Nanking, the First Crucis Lancers resisted them, along with the conventional assets of the 1st Federated Suns Lancers. Unable to contact the AFFS High Command the First Lancers went on the offensive. From 3069 to 3077 the First raided the Word of Blake Protectorate dozens of times. They also moved their baseworld several times in order to avoid retaliatory strikes.
In early 3077 the First Lancers, Skye Guards, and 7th Free Worlds Legionnaires landed on Cor Caroli and routed the Word of Blake forces on that world. During the Coalition's invasion of Terra the First Lancers attacked Tokyo, fighting alongside the 2nd Genyosha and 23rd Arcturan Guards. They faced no significant opposition, which allowed them to act as a ready-reserve force for the Coalition.
After returning to the Federated Suns after the Jihad ended, the First Crucis Lancers were assigned to garrison Weekapaug. There they received their first replacement soldiers and equipment. By 3085 the First had largely rebuilt, with many of its machines less than fifteen years old. From their base on Weekapaug they sent out several smaller forces in response to various raids by "bandit forces".
As of 3062 the commanding officer was Marshal Mordecai Rand-Davion. After the FedCom Civil War, the First Lancers were commanded by General Ryan Davion-Cole.General Davion-Cole was apparently still in command in 3079.
 Composition History
1st Crucis Lancers RCT (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Marshal George Powell
1st Crucis Lancers RCT (Regular/Fanatical)
 3050 to 3054
- CO: Hauptmann General Ivor Wasjinji
1st Crucis Lancers (1 Regiment/Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: Marshal Mordecai Rand-Davion
- Aide: Leftenant Colonel Kathryn Louise Murphy
- Mostly new, Heavy BattleMechs
- CO: Vice Admiral Ho Van Luu
- 1st Crucis Lancers Aerospace Wing
- 2nd Crucis Lancers Aerospace Wing
- 315th Federation Independent Air Wing
1st Crucis Lancers Armor Brigade (4 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Gerald Kroeger
- Aide: Leftenant Colonel Andrea Marcek
- 1st Crucis Lancers Armored Regiment - Leftenant General: K.Richard Miller
- 2nd Crucis Lancers Armored Regiment - Colonel: Persephone Jefferson
- 3rd Crucis Lancers Armored Regiment - Colonel: Carolyn Rode
- 1st Crucis Lancers Artillery Regiment - Major: Lorenzo Sammataro
- Equipped with fast armor and hovercraft vehicles, and a regiment of heavy artillery.
1st Crucis Lancers Infantry Brigade (8 Regiments/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Natascha Tamblyn
- Aide: Leftenant General Willie Ragan
- 1st Crucis Lancers Infantry Regiment - Leftenant General: Wolfgang Mattson
- 2nd Crucis Lancers Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Elihu Lang
- 1st Crucis Lancers Mechanized Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Melesse Javadi
- 2nd Crucis Lancers Mechanized Infantry Regiment - Colonel: E. J. Hannah
- 1st Crucis Lancers Jump Infantry Regiment - Colonel: Lucifer "The Black Devil" Roussa
- 11th Freisland Mechanized Rifles - Colonel: Constantin Kolesnikov
- 80th F-C Battle Armor Battalion - Leftenant General: Michael James Lewandowski
- 2nd Argyle Rangers - Colonel: Elric Lynch
- Each regiment has his own transport assets
- The Argyle's includes a Battalion of VTOLs
1st Crucis Lancers (1 Regiment/Elite/Reliable)
- CO: General Ryan Davion-Cole
- CO: Commodore Lucas Schmidt
1st Crucis Lancers Armor Brigade (Elite/Fanatical)
- CO: Major General Seth Varnay
1st Crucis Lancers Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Lucifer Roussa
The First Lancers sustained heavy casualties during the Jihad. The influx of new recruits reduced their experience level from Veteran to Regular. Though they're supposed to be rebuilt to full RCT strength, in 3079 they had been reduced to 55% of their pre-Jihad strength.
1st Crucis Lancers RCT (Regular/Fanatical)
- CO: General Kathyrn Louise Murphy
1st Crucis Lancers Aerospace Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Jesiah Pears
1st Crucis Lancers Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Kimoko Sokolov
1st Crucis Lancers Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Georgiy Kelly
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Bryceland PDZ"
- ↑ NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 54
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 111
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 113
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 106
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 107
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 67, "1st Cucis Lancers Unit Profile"
- ↑ not listed in ''The Dragon Roars, pp.10 - 13
- ↑ FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 170
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 128
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 Field Manual: Updates, p. 137, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 Field Report: AFFS, p. 11
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 25
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 104
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 59
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 54
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 20 Year Update, p. 20, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Objective Raids, p. 22, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 21.4 Field Manual: 3085, p. 70, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 136