(References to Achernar)
Achernar neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||1 (Ahir al Nahr)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Susan Haider (Governor)|
Brion Stempres (Planetary Legate)
|Capital||River's End |
 Owner History
- 2344 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation  
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation/Federated Suns  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth  
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns  
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate  
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
 3050 to 3067
- - In 3067 the Achernar SMM operating at 50% of full strengh, with 65% of their equipment featured Star League technology.
 Manufacturing Center
 Planetary Info
Achernar II, officially known as being part of the Alpha Eridani system, has a powerful B-type star that causes gravitational fluxes that have pushed the jump points out to 100 days travel time from the primary world. For this reason all the pirate points are well plotted, including the most commonly used LaGrange point between Achernar and its moon, Ahir al Nahr. It takes an average of 10 days to travel from the system's jumppoint to the planet's surface. The world was originally founded by the Achernar Family. The world's mean climate is temperate, with all continents having vast carpets of lush plant life. Large patches of thick woods also dot the surface, while other areas are covered with open plains and deserts. Achernar's surface has 30% water, while most of the dry landmasses are above the 2,000 kilometer mark.
Neswa Continent, a roughly a U-shaped landmass, is located in the southern hemisphere. Covered in large stretches of hilly terrain, most hilltops reach the 500-meter level. With all the originality the colonists could muster, they name the body of water to the north, the North Sea, which is situated between Neswa and Kal Continents. Neswa is divided into four huge provinces, all named after natural terrain features. Bahari Bay Province is located in the northwestern section of Neswa. Bahari Bay provides a large selection of tourist attractions from basic beaches to watersports and activites of all kinds. Bahari Bay is known for its deep-sea fishing opportunities. Falconville City is the main population center in Bahari Bay Province, surrounded by large agricultural fields and the Bay. The produce from these fields supports the tourism industry. Buffered by thick-forested hilly terrain, the Achernar Military Base resides to the north of Falconville. The bulk of the Achernar Militia is stationed here. The Palisades Reservoir, fed by the Snake, Salt, and Grey's Rivers, is a key target of defense.
Husfa Province lies in the southwestern sector of Neswa Continent. Husfa is mostly covered by the Husfa Desert, a scorching, boulder-strewn, broken landscape and is the location for several annual endurance races.
The Tamash Jungle to the southeast gives the name of this province. Tamash Province is known for its wide variety of predator and prey wildlife, a sought-after location for adventurous hunters.
The Aloi Province is one huge, thick forest, great for hiking, camping, and general sight-seeing. The Aloi Forest was where the Federated Suns forces discovered an original Star League Engineering Library in 2870.
Kal Continent is located in the northern hemisphere. It is the largest landmass on Achernar. The southwestern region is covered by the Arair Desert, infested with over-sized, Terran-like Sidewinder snakes. The central areas of the continent are vast open grassy plains, changing to light forestry patches as one progresses northward. The little inlet of Hash Bay is dotted in the southeast corner. Due to this land's abundant natural resources, mining companies find themselves in covert property-rights wars.
North & South Raviri Continents cover the equatorial region of the planet. The Raviri Sea is to the south, between North Raviri and Neswa. Thick jungles cover most of these two lands. Many adventurers have gotten lost and never found, hacking through the Addison and Adder Jungles. The eastern side of both continents receive steady, torrential downpours from the annual monsoon season, while the western side receives little rain at all. South Raviri has one active volcano, Aimwell Volcano.
Acul Continent is in the southern hemisphere. The Cruel Sea is south of the landmass. Acul is divided almost evenly by the Akron Mountain Range. The northern areas are covered in thick forests, the Alberta Forest being the largest.
Ram Continent is also in the southern hemisphere. Mostly covered in the lightly-forested Alberton Woods, world officials have designated this a a protected zone, though the forest rangers are vastly outnumbered. The Cold Ocean is south of Ram.
Dilma Continent is a bit of a mystery. One-half Dilma Jungle, one-half Akma Desert. Go figure.
Eridanus Continent is home to the planet's capital, River's End City. The capital lies at the terminus of the Brightwater River and is served by the San Marino Spaceport. The Shaw and North Plateau Rivers take up the task of keeping the local populations alive. Landova City is connected to the outside universe by the Landover Spaceport, armed with a single drop pad and one runway. Eridanus-24 is the main continental highway that connects all major cities and towns with little mining and fishing hamlets. Landova Reservoir is a well-known camping location, bordering on the Pathfinder Wildlife Refuge. Highlake Basin is to the east, a great place for hiking and photography.
 Early History
By 2344 Achernar was a possession of the Terran Hegemony. The Hegemony had initiated two "Campaigns of Persuasion" to occupy former Terran Alliance worlds by force, and by 2335 had expanded as far as Nanking. Nanking was the furthest world from Terra to have been occupied by that point, but the Tikonov Grand Union went to war with the Terran Hegemony between 2336 and 2338 over the Chisholm Protectorate, a nation which included Nanking and which had been attacked or conquered by the Hegemony. The Hegemony was ultimately victorious in this conflict, and continually sided with the Free Worlds League and the Federated Suns when it came to settling or influencing any disputes either nation had with any of the various nations of the Capellan Zone.
In 2344 Reynard Davion used two Federated Suns task forces to stage demonstrations of strength around Mirach to keep the attention of the Grand Union and it's armed forces focused there; Reynard then used this distraction to use a reserve task force to launch a highly successful attack on Almach, another world that had been contested between the Tikonov Union and the Marlette Association prior to the Association's merge into the Federated Suns. Reynard's reserve task force had been mustered at Achernar, which was on the Capellan border at the time, and was therefore likely to have been mustered with either tacit or open approval from the Terran Hegemony.
During the Star League, the Achernar family established Achernar BattleMechs to produce the Dervish for the SLDF. After the fall of the Star League, the Achernar noble family immigrated to the Federated Suns, but the cost of the immigration was moving the Achernar BattleMechs factory to New Avalon. The Capellan Confederation took control of the world before the First Succession War. The Fourth Succession War would return Achernar to the noble family that bore its name. After their return, the Achernar family established Achernar IndustrialMechs on Achernar.
 Fed-Com Civil War
During Wave 6 the 5th Syrtis Fusiliers fight with the 3rd NAIS Cadet Cadre against the Achernar SMM which were loyal to Katrina and suffer light loses. The SMM retreat under heavy casaulties off world in face of a regular army unit.
 The Jihad
The Word of Blake attacked and conquered Achernar during September 3069 and incorporated it into the Word of Blake Protectorate. The Word of Blake upgraded the Achernar BattleMechs West Fabrication Facility to enable it to produce BattleMechs in addition to the IndustrialMechs it had produced before; the upgraded facility subsequently produced huge quantities of the Osprey medium BattleMech for the Blakists. When allied coalition forces prepared to assault Achernar as a part of the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR in June 3077 the planetary governor surrendered immediately to the inbound troops, but the Achernar Protectorate Militia refused to surrender and instead dug in around the West Fabrication Facility. The coalition troops from Group IV were forced to dig the Militia out from the factory complex, and as a result of this combat action the West Fabrication Facility was destroyed. In addition to the unknown number of Blakists killed when the factory was destroyed, two companies of the Iron Guard were confirmed to have been wiped out. Media outlets within the Federated Suns credited Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito with leading the assault on Achernar personally from her Devastator and with leading the critical tipping point in the battle for the planet.
As a part of the extensive rebuilding taking place across the worlds of the Republic of the Sphere the destroyed West Fabrication Facility was redeveloped into a factory complex for the vehicle manufacturer Valiant Systems. Highlighted in a news report as an example of the ongoing recovery efforts by Federated Suns reporter Peter Remonde on the 15th of August 3081, Valiant Systems was due to begin production imminently of industrial vehicles as well as the Fox armoured car, with plans already in motion to expand production on Achernar to include the Ranger Infantry Fighting Vehicle.
 Nearby Systems
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Bharat||27.7||Ruchbah||29.5||New Hessen||31.0||Deneb Kaitos||32.1|
|Fletcher (FWL)||39.29||Conway||39.3||Ingress||41.4||New Rhodes III||41.6|
|Ronel||48.1||Towne||48.3||Halloran V||48.6||Small World||50.9|
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 67, "Achernar World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 26, "The War Leader"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation 
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War  Map"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succesion War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 71, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere  Map
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere  Map
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guererro  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- ↑ Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere  Map
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ↑ Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere  Map
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table "
- ↑ Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Table "
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 137, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 33.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 34.2 Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 37, "Liberated Achernar"
- ↑ Jihad Final Reckoning, p. 33-34, "Achernar: An Example Of Recovery"
- ↑ The Star League, p. 16, "Terra's Errant Flock"
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 19, "Terra Resurgent"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 82, "Osprey"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Sandoval-Ito: A Study In Success"
- ↑ Jihad Final Reckoning, p. 30, "Strange Bedfellows"
- 20 Year Update
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Star League
- Technical Readout: 3058