1st Proserpina Hussars
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|1st Proserpina Hussars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Proserpina Hussars|
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
The First Proserpina Hussars were one of the first units formed by Shiro Kurita. They actually pre-date the formation of the Draconis Combine, serving under Shiro as he conquered Benjamin and other important colony worlds. Originally an armor unit, the First Proserpina Hussars were equipped with BattleMechs when they joined the DCMS. Their early experience with planetary assaults continued, being well-suited to the Hussars. They were used to assault many systems that fell under the Dragon’s wings, rarely staying in place for longer than a month. Prior to the War of Davion Succession, the First Proserpina Hussars had their own JumpShips and even two WarShips (DCS Iwate and DCS Wakayama) assigned to support their operations.
The War of Davion Succession marked a turning point for the Hussars, however. The DCMS positioned the Hussars as defending forces and split them into battalion sized groups. The fighting on Junction, Proserpina, and Klathandu IV inflicted heavy losses on the Hussars as they had to trade their interstellar mobility for defensive fortifications. At the same time, the DCMS High Command reassigned the WarShips and several JumpShips the Hussars used for surveillance, leaving them vulnerable to AFFS strikes. The losses the Hussars suffered were still being rebuilt in 2750.
Fourth Succession War
The Hussars found themselves on the front lines when Shirotori was attacked as part of the final wave of attacks launched during Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG in Late 3028, with the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces deploying the Third Donegal Guards to capture the planet. The battle had bogged down, and Shirotori was still contested when the lull between operations began in early 3029.
The Third managed to secure the bulk of the countryside on Shiotori, but the Hussars - a four-battalion regiment commanded by Tai-sa Mashaka Hirohito - retained control of the three major cities on Shirotori, and used a combination of the hit-and-run attacks for which they were famed and superior reconnaissance to dog the Third, constantly disrupting attempts to muster attacks against the dispersed Hussar battalions before breaking contact before the Third could concentrate forces against them. If the Hussars had mustered their superior numbers together, they might well have driven the Third off Shirotori; as it was, when the lull between operations approached in early 3029, the commanding officer of the Third, Colonel Walter Lestrade, requested reinforcements from the LCAF.
Lestrade was recealled to the Commonwealth in February, and in March he was replaced as commanding officer of the Third by Colonel James Lancelot Hipper. The news that the LCAF wasn't sending reinforcements to Shirotori was unwelcome, particularly coupled with the change in commander partway through an operation, but Hipper proved to be a tactical savant. Exploiting information obtained from a captured DCMS courier, Hipper devised and executed a headhunter operation that saw Hirohita and half of his senior command staff killed in their bunker within the city of Meijer. Two days later the Third had captured Meijer, and five days after the death of Hirohito the Third has also captured Brusk, the leaving Massona as the only major city still under the control of the Hussars. A week later the Hussars retreated from Shirotori, leaving the planet in Lyran hands.
War of 3039
The First Proserpina Hussars had a series of successes against the Smoke Jaguars. On Port Arthur, they managed to maneuver the Clan into a field of automated defense weaponry, inflicting heavy casualties, but were eventually forced to abandon the planet. After rebuilding, the First pulled off a series of raids against front-line Jaguar units. In 3057, a combined raid by the First and Third netted the unit an entire trinary of Clan OmniMechs as salvage. As of 3059, the First was stationed on Yumesta.
The First Proserpina Hussars were eager to fight the Smoke Jaguars, but the commanders assigned them to attack worlds held by Clan Nova Cat instead. They faced a hard fight on Kanowit, but took Mualang by winning a round of miniature golf. This obviously minimized further losses. They also took Yamarovka.
Federated Suns Incursion
During the Jihad the First Proserpina Hussars declared their support for the Black Dragon Society. They joined forces with the 15th Dieron Regulars, and took several planets in the Xinyang Prefecture. The 5th Sword of Light destroyed them on Baruun Urt around 3075. In response to the treachery espoused by the First, the Combine struck the regiment from DCMS rolls.
- 3050, The commanding officer was Tai-sa Jeong Moon Lee.
- 3059 to 3067, The unit was commanded by Tai-sa Alexander Minowa.
The First Proserpina excels at hit-and-run tactics, especially in open field engagements. Since the regiment is reinforced, the Fourth battalion is held in reserve and used to surprise the enemy as unexpected reinforcements.
1st Proserpina Hussars (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
1st Proserpina Hussars (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Jeong Moon Lee
1st Proserpina Hussars (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable) 
1st Proserpina Hussars (Reinforced Regiment/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Alexander Minowa
- XO: Tai-sa Talon Cherynkov
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa LaRon Kohlmann
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Denise Larsen
- 4th Battalion: Chu-sa Therese Ahiromassu
- The unit fields 36 OmniMechs, many with captured Clan technology.
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Liu Kang
The Blackhearts (Two Battalions/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Kyle Black
- The medium command fight on their own when no other support is in range.
Proserpina Fast Motor Infantry (1 Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Obuho Natomi
- Era Report 2750 p.43
- Era Report: 2750, p. 43
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 44-45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 61, "Trellshire and Tamar Theaters"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 64, "Liezen"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 108, "1st Proserpina Hussars Profile"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine p. 134, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 113
- The Dragon Roars, p. 10
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 18
- 20 Year Update, p. 41
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 117
- MechWarrior, First Edition, p. 123
- House Kurita Sourcebook, p. 146
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- 20 Year Update, p.41
- Objective Raids, p.27
- The Dragon Roars
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Updates
- House Kurita Sourcebook
- MechWarrior, First Edition
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical: War of 3039
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids