5th Regulan Hussars
|Fifth Regulan Hussars BattleMech Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Regulan Hussars|
The Fifth Regulan Hussars spent most of the 31st century stationed on the Free Worlds League/Lyran Commonwealth border. As a result, the unit doesn't have the same regional loyalty to the Principality of Regulus common to Regulan Hussars units.
- 1 History
- 2 Officers
- 3 Tactics
- 4 Composition History
- 5 Notes
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
The Fifth Regulan Hussars were formed between 2755 and 2765 by Duchess Elsa Cameron-Jones. Like its sister regiments at the time, the Fifth Hussars were vocally supportive of the Captain-General and the regiment was flush with newly-manufactured equipment originating from the factories of the Marik Commonwealth, a legacy of the Regulan Hussars' support for Captain-General Elise Marik during the Marik Civil war earlier in the century.
Despite the loyalty displayed to the Captain-General by the Hussars, SAFE agents were still operating within the support personnel within the brigade in the 2760s; the Star League Intelligence Command had evidence showing the presence of those operatives, and believed that their presence was most likely a result of orders from Ewan Marik two decades earlier, following Duchess Cameron-Jones refusal to send any of the Hussars regiments to Marik's show of force on Solaris following the attack on the Timothy Leary by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces in 2745.
4th Succession War
During Operation Dagger the unit was part of a taskforce that attacked Wyatt. The losses sustained by the 25th Marik Militia rumored to be the result of information leaked to the Lyran Commonwealth by the Hussars. No evidence to support this theory was ever found.
Raiding neighboring worlds of the Federated Commonwealth as a show of strength during the Andurien Secession, the Fifth's assault on Milton secured them large amounts of supplies in 3035. These raids also prevented the Federated Commonwealth from capitalizing on the confusion of the Secession Crisis.
The Hussars did not participate in Operation Bulldog.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War the Fifth wanted to raid the Lyran Alliance to take advantage of the confusion. The LCCC denied them permission to do so, going so far as to remove their transport assets to prevent an unauthorized reconnaissance in force. The denial and removal of their JumpShips eliminated the little loyalty to the Free Worlds League government the Fifth felt.
The Fifth took heavy damage during the Jihad. In 3079 they were down to a battalion sized formation. they also participated in Operation BROKEN FIST and the Regulan assault on Circinus and the Word of Blake. In 3082 they raided Atreus, but the defending Eleventh Atrean Dragoons actually inflicted heavy losses on the unit. Later, they actually took control of Emris IV, raiding StarCorps industrial warehouses, but were driven off by the First Orloff Grenadiers.
In 3139 the Fifth was stationed to counter an invasion of Atreus by forces loyal to the Duchy of Oriente. When the Fifth arrived in-system however, they were forced to stand down by the Sea Fox's ship VoidSwimmer. The Fifth couldn't reinforce the world and for their failure they were stationed at Diass.
After formation the Fifth spent some time attempting to identify its strategic niche; the Fifth began by concentrating on training in mobile warfare and quick-strike tactics.
In the thirty-first century the Fifth used combined arms to bring an opposing unit down. First the armor units brought the enemy to a halt then the flanks were each covered by three companies of medium 'Mechs. The reserve is made up of heavy 'Mechs, which are waiting for the right moment, a sign of weakness in their enemy.
- Fifth Regulan Hussars (Green/Reliable)
Fifth Regulan Hussars (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Linda Koloff
Fifth Regulan Hussars (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Thomas Orrfelt
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Thomas Orrfeld
- XO: Force Commander Imrie Swain: 2nd Battalion: Force Commander Desmond Weir
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Romesh Thakar
- Wing Commander: Commodore Rachel Prior
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Noel Joliceur
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel Theda Lim
- The unit contains several SAFE operatives to hold the unit inline.
The unit suffered severe losses during the Jihad, reducing them to a battalion sized unit.
Fifth Regulan Hussars (1 Battalion/Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Imrie Swain
Fifth Regulan Hussars (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Jocelyn Hunter
- The Fifth is described in 2765 as having been founded "in the last decade"; as the Fourth Regulan Hussars was founded in 2762 it's likely, but not certain, that the Fifth was founded between 2762 and 2765.
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regulan Hussars"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 4, "Strategic Update"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 109, "5th Regulan Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 158, "5th Regulan Hussars"
- Field Report: Free Worlds League, p. 9
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 86
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 81
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 83
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 110
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 116, "Regulan Strategic Military Command"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 109, "FWL Deployment Table - 3025"
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 162, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 92, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 16, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 9