- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Sheridan LM-TA 8-10|
|Chassis||Type MAES-90 Light|
|Armor||Forging ZZ7 Ceramic Plate|
|Engine||Consolidated 360 XL Fusion|
|Communications System||Series D8 CC-25X|
|Targeting Tracking System||"Hermes" CT-42 Mk. II|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
Created by Clan Star Adder as an insult to their enemies, Clan Blood Spirit, the Blood Asp has a large amount of available pod space for its size. Based on the Kingfisher, the Blood Asp adds an XL Engine, but space constraints forced the replacement of the Kingfisher's Ferro-Fibrous armor with standard plate. The Blood Asp incorporates sixteen tons of this armor and fourteen double heat sinks in the base chassis. One of the first 'Mechs to field the breakthrough Heavy Laser technology, the Blood Asp proves to be an offensive powerhouse. Delivering incredible damage at all ranges, the Blood Asp makes short work of any enemy regardless of size.
Weapons and Equipment
The Blood Asp's primary weapons are a pair of Gauss Rifles that can strip off nearly a ton of armor at the range of six hundred and sixty meters, though they do not have a lot of ammunition, so MechWarriors must be sparing with their shots. These are backed up by four Heavy Medium Lasers, a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers, and a Streak SRM-6 for close-range work. To aid in heat dissipation, the primary configuration incorporates four additional heat sinks.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration is built for assault. It uses an advanced Targeting Computer to guide a pair of ER PPCs and two Heavy Large Lasers. Eleven additional heat sinks fail to keep this configuration cool, even with the addition of enough jump jets to leap ninety meters at a time. It also incorporates an ECM Suite to protect itself from enemy electronics. BV (1.0) = 2,901, BV (2.0) = 3,452
- Alt. Config. B
- The second alternate configuration is a fire-support design that uses a Gauss Rifle and a pair of LRM-20s with Artemis IV Fire Control Systems. In case an enemy unit gets close, it mounts four Medium Pulse Lasers and an ECM Suite. Two additional heat sinks ensure this design stays cool. BV (1.0) = 2,662, BV (2.0) = 2,885
- Alt. Config. D
- The fifth configuration is similar to the primary, though it is more geared to long-range support. It uses a Gauss Rifle, two ER Large Lasers, and three Ultra Autocannon/2s. A pair of Heavy Medium Lasers enable the 'Mech to remain useful after it has run out of ammo. BV (1.0) = 1,977, BV (2.0) = 2,396
- Alt. Config. E
- This configuration makes use of ATMs in the form of four ATM 3s. A single ton of ammunition for each pair does not allow the weapons to make the most of their flexibility. A Targeting Computer guides paired ER PPCs and Medium Pulse Lasers. Four jump jets enable the Blood Asp E to vault one hundred-twenty meters into the air, while additional heat sinks keep heat levels within reasonable levels. BV (1.0) = 3,042, BV (2.0) = 3,179
- Alt. Config. F
- Developed during the Jihad, this configuration is designed for close-quarters combat. The Blood Asp has been given four Streak SRM-6 launchers with three tons of ammunition, and a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and AP Gauss Rifles for short range combat. For medium and long range, it mounts two ER PPCs and a single Plasma Cannon with a ton ammo. To cope with the heat buildup, the 'Mech has been given an additional five Double Heat Sinks. BV (2.0) = 2,908
- Alt. Config. G
- Another configuration that premiered during the relentless fighting of the Jihad era, variant G centers around the new Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle technology. A massive Class 40 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle has been fitted in the left Arm and part of the left torso, along with four tons of ammunition. As its alternative weapons, the 'Mech includes a pair of ER Large Lasers split between its right arm and right torso, and a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and Heavy Medium Lasers. Its direct fire weapons are backed up by a Targeting Computer for increased accuracy. To help cope with heat, it has also been provided with an additional three Double Heat Sinks. BV (2.0) = 3,192
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf:
- Blood Asp
- This design wields two shoulder mounted Plasma PPCs and had 4 machine guns, decimating enemies at higher salvage ranks. Along with this is 4 "Javelin" Long Range Missiles for long range suppression.
- Star Adder
- A variant chassis of the Blood Asp, this 'Mech has two shoulder-mounted Plasma PPCs and quadruple Autocannons, mounted in the arms, in addition to a flame thrower for close range combat.
From MechWarrior Online:
From MechCommander 2:
- MUL online date for the Blood Asp
- Combat Operations, p. 118
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 217
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 274
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 182
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 218
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 275
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 219
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 276
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 220
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 277
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 221
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 278
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 142
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 279
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 280
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 281 - G Configuration for the Blood Asp.
- MechWarrior Online Blood Asp Sale Page
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Blood Asp.