Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Brisbane neighbouring systems
The Brisbane system is located near the Laconis and New Vandenburg systems and consists of a class G2 primary orbited by at least three planets. During the late thirty-first century a recharge station was in place at the system nadir jump point.
The Brisbane system was colonised by the Taurian Concordat at some point during the Star League era and by the end of the Star League era Brisbane was a part of the Hyades Union of the Taurian Concordat.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||30°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|HPG (Representative)|| C|
(Precentor Braxton Horrowitz)
Brisbane III - more commonly known simply as Brisbane - is the third planet in the Brisbane system. Brisbane is notable for being the home of the Brisbane Virus, a degenerative nerve disease without a known cure  One of the most high-profile victims of the Brisbane Virus was Janice Calderon, the eighteen-year old heir to Protector Thomas Calderon, who contracted the Virus in 3038. Rumors were circulating in the 3060s that the Federated Suns had developed a cure for the Brisbane Virus, although there had been no official confirmation of this by 3067 and the rumors were circulating against a backdrop of resentment against the Federated Suns as an example of the perfidious behaviour of House Davion.
Brisbane was located in the border region between the Magistracy of Canopus and the Taurian Concordat, a region where the boundaries between nations were less than clearly defined. The abundant reserves of sea life and quantities of water purification plants that had survived the first three Succession Wars made Brisbane a prized Taurian world and the scene of numerous clashes between Taurian, Magistracy and independent forces, particularly during the early thirty-first century.
The unusual geography of Brisbane led to the Taurian Defense Force coming up with unorthodox methods for defending the world; a garrison of BattleMechs and infantry protected the main planetary starport, located in the northern archipelago, while the only Taurian sea-going naval contingent in the Concordat was also located on the planet.
The white-sand beaches found on the archipelagoes of Brisbane were a popular destination for visitors, although all visitors intending to visit the beaches were required to provide documentation proving that they had been vaccinated against the Brisbane Virus. Other popular tourist attractions on Brisbane were half-day cruises spotting the native dolphins and deep sea-fishing expeditions, although patrol boats had to maintain constant vigilance to prevent the dolphins being hunted by poachers following rumors that their skin, when dried, was a potent aphrodisiac. Whilst being found guilty of poaching only attracted a fine and loss of the guilty party's boat in the first instance, a second offense attracted a ten-year prison sentence.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2750 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2765 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2767 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2822 - Taurian Concordat 
- 2864 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3025 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3030 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3040 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3050 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3052 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3057 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3059 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3063 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3067 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3075 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3079 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3081 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3085 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- Edward Calderon
- Second Battalion
Brisbane is a plush water world rich in fresh-water marine life. More than eighty percent of the landmass on Brisbane is represented in small island chains and archipelagos. Among the lifeforms native to Brisbane was the Brisbane dolphin, a playful and intelligent creature with iridescent skin that had a taste for human company.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Laconis||6.5||New Vandenburg||6.9||Rollis||16.0||MacLeod's Land||18.6|
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 85, "Brisbane Planet Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 121, "Taurian Concordat after Age of War , Fall of the Star League  and End of the 3rd Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 96, "Taurian Concordat "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p.47
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 47, "Years of Misfortune"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 104, "Winter of Discontent"
- The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 85, "Brisbane"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 124, "Arts and Recreation"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation After First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns After First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation After Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns After Second Succession War "
- The Periphery (Sourcebook), p. 151, "Maps of the Periphery"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 127, "Taurian Concordat after modern colonization drive  and after FedCom Civil War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 111, "Taurian Concordat and Tortuga Dominions"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns After FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation After FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 23, "Taurian Concordat Deployment Map "
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 23, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 81, "BattleMech Regiment Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report: Periphery
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Periphery, 1st Edition
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition