- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility |
Irian BattleMechs Unlimited
|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Alshain Class 48 Omni|
|Engine||VOX 280 XL|
|Communications System||Sipher Security Plus w/C3 Network|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Sentinel w/Beagle Active Probe and TAG|
|BV (1.0)||695 (C3: 54)|
The Owens is intended to be an OmniMech upgrade of the Jenner BattleMech. The intended role for the Owens is as a cavalry 'Mech that can move along the enemy lines and designate targets for bombardment with Arrow IV artillery attacks. The Owens is a strong spotting unit for artillery and Semi-Guided LRMs as well as a point 'Mech for C3 lances with its permanently mounted TAG laser designator and C3 Slave unit. The Owens is also outfitted with a permanently mounted Beagle Active Probe that allows the 'Mech to detect hidden enemy units. The Owens has a top speed of 129.6 km/h and is protected with seven tons of armor. The 'Mech's unique mix of speed, armor, and electronic warfare equipment make the Owens a valuable asset in urban and dense woods or jungle environments where it can find an enemy unit that is hidden, designate them for an artillery strike, and then leave the area at high speeds.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary configuration of the Owens is meant to stay at stand-off ranges when possible using its two LRM-5 launchers. If forced into close range combat, the Owens can bring its Medium Laser and two Small Lasers to bear.
- Alt. Config. C
- Intended to be used in long term campaigns where supply lines may be strained, the Owens C carries an arsenal consisting purely of energy weapons. Carrying a Large Laser for long range combat, the Owens C can bring its two Medium Lasers to bear once it has closed with an enemy. BV (1.0) = 729, BV (2.0) = 964
- Alt. Config. D
- The D configuration is built to further the electronic warfare capabilities of the Owens. The 'Mech carries in this configuration a Narc Missile Beacon to mark enemy units for massed missile fire from allied units and carries a single SRM-4 launcher for defense. BV (1.0) = 526, BV (2.0) = 655
- Alt. Config. R
- A field upgrade developed in the midst of Operation Bulldog, this configuration used captured Clan Smoke Jaguar weapons to help bolster the SLDF forces in later waves. Based off the Alt Config E, it retains the MRM launcher but replaces the standard and pulse lasers with three Clan ER Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,215
The 'Mech made a cameo appearance in the Japanese Anime OVA, Date A Live, where character Tohka Yatogami uses a simulator pod (which resembles the arcade pods for Kidō Senshi Gundam: Senjō no Kizuna across Japan) in an arcade to blow up an Owens BattleMech.
MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries version of the Owens
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 124-125, "Owens OmniMech Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 131
- MUL online date for the Owens
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 202
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 82-83, "Owens"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 203
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 165
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 205
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 166
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 206
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 167
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 207
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 208
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 101
- The Dragon Roars, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 209
- Wikipedia Episode list, Date A Line OVA episode 1