|Unit Profile (as of 3079)|
In 3026 Takashi Kurita ordered the creation of a BattleMech unit trained in the tactics of the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary unit. Takashi later ordered that the Ryuken where to be split into several company's and each was to expand to regimental size. The Ryuken-roku was the last of these units to be formed.
 4th Succession War
 War of 3039
 Ronin Wars
 Clan Invasion
 Operation Bulldog
 Federated Suns Incursion
Ryuken-roku garrisoned Ningxia the capital world of Ningxia Prefecture, for two years. The Black Dragon Society directed the remains of the 2nd Night Stalkers regiment, a unit sympathetic to the Black Dragon cause, to the world. Though they were a veteran unit, the Night Stalkers only lasted three months against Ryuken-roku. Shortly after this, Ryuken-roku was reassigned to New Samarkand to garrison the world and protect the Coordinator. The Coordinator loaned them to the Coalition for Operation SCOUR, where Ryuken-roku participated in the liberation of Genoa and discovered the Word of Blake bait and switch on Northwind.
In mid-February 3078 Ryuken-roku were fighting alongside Devlin Stone on Terra Firma, only to discover that the capital city was a maze of booby-trapped buildings; mercenary forces were brought in to help the Ryuken-roku clear the city block by block, but the fierce campaign against the Blakists and the Terra Firma Protectorate Militia forces saw the city effectively razed. On New Home, Ryuken-roku was the key in destroying the 47th Shadow Division, but they lost most of their equipment and warriors. Survivors and equipment were transferred to rebuild other Ryuken units, but the High Command has promised to rebuild the unit as soon as the supply situation allows.
All warriors are skilled to find weak spots in enemy formations. The sub unit open the line and the superior officer send reinforcement when necessary. These unit is also known to stay longer in battle as other units can do. The CO's set often a trap for the opponent with devasting effect.
 Composition History
 3059 to 3067
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Alexis Vanharobik
- XO: Chu-sa Kenji Ibaraki
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Hoto Oshakiwa
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Bryan Phillips
- All mechs are upgraded and the regiment contains also 36 OmniMechs.
- Wing Commander: Tai-sa Hans Millner
- These skilled pilots provide excort in doublestrength to any landing force and are also adepted in securing air superiority.
- Armor Commander: Chu-sa Jase Nagiia
- Armor Commander (3067): Chu-sa Horace Vassilay
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Peter Jorgensson
- The command is always supported by the Mech and tanks of the other sub unit.
- In the unit are, 24 artillery pieces and 6 battle armor squads.
- CO: Tai-sa Gratia Bernard
Ryuken-roku Aerospace (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Cho-sa Egilhard Rey
Ryuken-roku Armor (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Tai-sa Anton Arriola
Ryuken-roku Infantry (Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Tai-sa Shichiro Shizuka
- ↑ Wolves on the Borderp.??
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Field Report: DCMS, p. 17
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 84-85, "Chaos Eternal: Trick Or Trap"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 74
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 131, "Ryuken-roku Unit Profile"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Field Manual: Update, p. 119, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Field Manual: 3085, p. 49, "DCMS Depoyment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039 , p. 139
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 17