Luzerne neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||124.316 : 351.793[e]|
|Recharge time||201 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||37°C (Warm)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Planet Info
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Military Deployment
- 5 Nearby Planets
- 6 References
- 7 Bibliography
- 2319 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2786 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Clan Smoke Jaguar
- 3057 - Clan Smoke Jaguar 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
A relatively quiet and low-key world, Luzerne lacked any major industry or notable resources to warrant military or bandit assault. Combined with the world's variety of terrain and pleasant climate, Luzerne became a favored spot for those in the Draconis Combine looking to escape the ravages of warfare that have plagued the Inner Sphere for millennia. 
Consisting of over 71% water, the planet features two continents, the larger Topeka and vastly smaller Perot, as well as a number of smaller islands. The Luzerne's planetary capital of Topeka Bay is located in the only deep water bay on the Topeka continent's coast line. Though listed as the capital, in terms of population Topeka Bay is overshadowed by the city of Homer located in the middle of the Seattle Mountains in the center of Topeka. Homer's outward expansion limited by the surrounding mountain chain, Homer's citizenry expanded downward instead, crafting massive caverns and byways through the softer limestone of the mountains. Located nearby is Lawrence Pass, the only viable means of traversing the mountains to the rest of the continent.
Luzerne's largest settlement in terms of footprint rather than population is New Old Idaho. A vast expanse of ferrocrete and prefabricated warehouses, New Old Idaho is the planet's primary import/export portal and commercial spaceport.
Third Succession War
Prior to the Clan Invasion, the most notable event in the planet's history was the Topeka Mining Strike in 2876 when several miners unions protested their displacement by thousands of slave labor miners originally imported by House Kurita to construct New Old Idaho after an earthquake destroyed Luzerne's original spaceport. When the local mining consortium were bankrupted as their former offworld customers sourced their needs from the cheaper slave industries, union members blockaded slave quarries and triggered mass protests. Ultimately the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery broke the strike in 2879 and House Kurita quietly removed the imported labor, allowing the mining consortiums to take over the now abandoned facilities, which expanded the system's economic reach.
Targeted as part of Clan Smoke Jaguar's fourth invasion wave in August 3050, Luzerne was defended by survivors of the 9th Alshain Regulars who'd escaped Clan Ghost Bears attack on Jarett. Having brutally learned Clan tactics, the 9th prepared and lured the 4th Jaguar Dragoons' First and Second Trinaries Battle into well-orchestrated crossfire at Topeka Bay. The Jaguars were able to force their way out of the firing zone and circle behind the Ninth, which forced the Regulars to flee north while taking heavy casualties. Retreating towards their DropShips, the DCMS troops reached Lawrence Pass when the Dragoons appeared on the walls above, and the Ninth Alshain Regulars were virtually destroyed under the heavy fire from the Jaguars.
After Operation Revival
On July 7, 3055, the DCMS and Explorer Corps staged a daring raid against the Smoke Jaguar command post on Luzerne. The outcome of this raid added considerably to the Inner Sphere's knowledge of Clan equipment, particularly their naval vessels.
Luzerne was invaded in the second and third waves of Operation Bulldog by the Third Davion Guards RCT, ComStar's 208th Division, and Ryuken-roku. The defending 4th Provisional Garrison Cluster, Sixth Striker Cluster, and Kappa Galaxy Command Trinary held out for some time before finally caving to Star League Defense Force troops.
3062 to 3067
- - At this point in time the 12th operating at 40% of full strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne, p. 4, "Luzerne"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical Turning Point: Luzerne, p. 5 "Atlas - Luzerne"
- Invading Clans, p. 66 "Fourth Wave (August-October 3050) - Luzerne (DC)"
- The Dragon Roars, p.25
- Field Report 2765: DCMS, p. 16, "Rasalhague Regulars"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 118, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 9, "Dieron Regulars Regimental Status"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: DCMS
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Second Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical Turning Points: Luzerne
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Dragon Roars