Victory Industries, previously known as Norse BattleMech Works while in Federated Suns hands, is a Draconis Combine based BattleMech manufacturer. Located on the planet Marduk on the Davion - Kurita border, this important factory has been traded back and forth between both nations since the collapse of the Star League.
While Marduk was originally exploited for its rich agricultural resources, just prior to the creation of the original Star League a deposit of rare metals was discovered in the middle of the jungle. To take maximum advantage of this discovery, a huge complex of factories was built directly over the metals deposit. After the ore is mined, it is processed in a smelter system next to the factory, the finished product traveling less than a hundred meters before being turned into Griffin and Wolverine chassis. Other nearby factories make almost all the electronic and mechanical components necessary to build the 'Mechs, with only the tracking systems having to be imported from offworld. This complex of factories was built with such skill that it barely damaged the surrounding jungle, greatly benefitting defensive operations, with finished 'Mechs shipped off Marduk from the spaceport built nearby.
As the Norse BattleMech Works was one of the few nearly self-reliant 'Mech factories in the Inner Sphere, it was one of the initial targets of the First Succession War. The Federated Suns reaped the majority of the factory's output with AFFS troops fending off numerous raids, holding the planet almost uninterrupted until the DCMS succeeded in capturing Marduk during the Fourth Succession War. The prize of Combine's operations in that war, the facility came complete with plans and details for advanced lostech redesigns, with production stepped up to help refit the depleted ranks of the DCMS and provide material for other manufacturers in that nation. Except for brief periods when Duke James Sandoval's Draconis March forces recaptured the planet during the War of 3039 and the FedCom Civil War, the factory has remained in Combine hands ever since.
After the War of 3039 forced the AFFS to leave, they stripped the factory. It took four years for the Draconis Combine to rebuild the factory.
Victory Industries has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, pp. 42-43
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 93
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 3.17 3.18 3.19 3.20 Objective Raids, p. 107, "Produced Victory Industries Components on Marduk"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 26, "Produced Griffin-6S Components"
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 32, "Produced Wolverine 8K Components"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 6.8 6.9 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 102, "Produced Orochi Components"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 21