|Manufacturer||Wolf Clan Auxiliary Site #2|
|Chassis||Type W2 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Composite A-4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Heavy Force 300 (Standard)|
|Communications System||Khan series (Type 1)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series III OPT|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
Since it was the BattleMech that Aleksandr Kerensky piloted, the Orion has always held a special place in the mystique of the Clans. Even as new technologies were developed during the Golden Century, only Clan Wolf dared to think of upgrading this most sacred of 'Mechs. Not a radical reworking of the design, as some Clan upgrades are, the Orion IIC replaces much of the innards and weapons of the original, while preserving its mass and aesthetics. This IIC upgrade utilizes an Endo Steel chassis and twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, while also making use of twelve double heat sinks. Clan Wolf has jealously guarded this design, refusing all offers for it.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The only weapon that is preserved from the original Orion is the SRM-4, though that is upgraded to a lighter-weight Offset Pattern K4 model. The autocannon and long-range missile launcher were upgraded to an Omega 12-Coil Gauss Rifle and a Type XX "Great Bow" LRM-20, respectively. The arm-mounted lasers were replaced with a pair of ER Large Lasers, one a Series 6W and the other a Series 7W. These upgrades have transformed the Orion from a close-range brawler to a fire support 'Mech.
There are no known variants of the Orion IIC.
These variants presented here were introduced in MechWarrior Online, and have yet to see release in the game; nor thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
- The A variant of the Origins IIC Package carries a Clan made ER Large Laser, one in each arm. Twin Clan made LRM-15s and SRM-4s round out the left arm and torso respectively, four tons of ammo, let's the LRMs fire in quick succession, while the SRMs have only two tons for a shorter period fire. An Ultra Autocannon/5 takes up space in the right-side torso, and like the SRMs, has two tons of ammo to sustain its barrage. Making this variant deadly at all ranges.
- Like the original Orion IIC it carries a Clan made Gauss Rifle located in the same area, the right-side torso. However, unlike the original of this design, the ON1-IIC-B carries two Clan made ER Large Lasers in each arm. A single SRM-4 in the left-side torso rounds out the weapons package.
- Similar to the previous variants, the ON1-IIC-C carries a twin Clan made Ultra Autocannon/10s situated in the right-side torso with three tons of ammunition to sustain a constant barrage of Autocannon fire. A single LRM-15 and SRM-4 and two Clan made ER Large Lasers round out its weapons cache.
- MUL online date for the Orion IIC
- Combat Operations, p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 192
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 176-177, "Orion IIC 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 268