- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Krupp Armaments Works|
|Production Year||Introduction Year::3052|
|Armor||Krupp 200 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 60|
The Raijin was designed after the Battle of Tukayyid to rearm ComGuard units that had suffered losses in the campaign. Despite having stockpiled Star League-era BattleMechs at his disposal, Precentor Martial Focht wanted something unfamiliar to both the Inner Sphere and the Clans.
The Raijin is designed to be highly mobile and capable of engaging an enemy at a variety of ranges. The Raijin is built around a Vlar 300 XL Engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h. For added mobility, the Raijin carries six Rawlings 60 jump jets, allowing the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. The Raijin carries seven tons of Krupp 200 Ferro-Fibrous armor. The 'Mech's relatively light armor can be a liability if it is engaged in close combat or finds itself in a protracted engagement. To handle the heat from the weapons onboard, the Raijin carries ten double heat sinks.
The Raijin was redesigned after Word of Blake forces lost considerable amounts of the design during its taking of Terra from ComStar in 3058. Newly redesigned Raijin II units began to be deployed in 3066, with older versions of the 'Mech being refitted to RJN-200-A variant standards. While off-shoots of the 200-A were deployed to elite Divisions.
Weapons and Equipment
For long-range striking power, the Raijin carries a Blankenburg 200 ER PPC that can be used to engage a target at up to six hundred and ninety meters. For close combat, the Raijin has three highly accurate Blankenburg Technologies Medium Pulse Lasers. Additionally, to seek out any weak points in an enemy's armor, the Raijin has a Holly SRM-6 and an ammunition efficient Holly Streak SRM-2.
- A greatly improved version of the Raijin, the C model turns the 'Mech into a powerful close range brawler. This necessitated that the 'Mech's entire arsenal be stripped and replaced, as well as the addition of one and a half tons of armor. The 'Mech's primary weapon is a Large Pulse Laser, backed up by three ER Medium Lasers, and a Streak SRM-6. Finally, the 'Mech also incorporates an improved C3 system that allows it to provide targeting data to friendly units. BV (1.0) = 1,179 (C3: 138), BV (2.0) = 1,389
- The first of the Raijin II designs, the 200-A model completely redesigns the 'Mech to enhance its combat capabilities and is built on an Endo Steel chassis to save weight. Increased ground speed is achieved through the use of triple strength myomers that increases the 'Mech's top speed to 118.8 km/h under the proper conditions. The 200-A model is protected by a respectable eleven tons of standard armor; giving it superior armor protection to older models. The 'Mech is armed with an ER PPC as its primary weapon. This is supported by three ER Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-4 launcher for close combat. The RJN-200-A also carries Exeter Longscan 200 w/C3i Computer, allowing it to share targeting data with friendly units. BV (1.0) = 1,546, BV (2.0) = 1,696
- Intended to act as a heavy scout, the 200-B uses the 200-A as its base. The 'Mech has Stealth Armor that makes it extremely hard to hit when activated and carries the ECM suite that is needed with any stealth armor system. The 'Mech also has a TAG laser designator, a Beagle Active Probe, and an improved C3 system. The only drawback to all of the advanced electronics is that when the stealth armor is activated the 'Mech is subject to its own ECM system, effectively blocking its own improved C3 system. The 200-B carries four ER Medium Lasers and an ER Small Laser to defend itself. Additionally, to increase its survivability, the 200-B uses a light fusion engine. BV (1.0) = 1,274, BV (2.0) = 1,377
- The 200-C takes the concept of the 101-A and the 200-B and combines the best of them making an agile, long-range sniper 'Mech that is extremely hard to hit. This is done by combining the light fusion engine, Stealth Armor and ECM suite of the 200-B model with the armament and triple strength myomer of the 200-A model. The 200-C is armed with an ER PPC for long range combat which is backed up by two ER Medium Lasers. The 'Mech is also linked to an improved C3 network, making it one of the most impressive sniper 'Mechs. However, it should be noted that its stealth armor interferes with the C3 network while active, requiring the pilot to choose between improved accuracy or stealth. BV (1.0) = 1,447, BV (2.0) = 1,816
- MUL online date for the Raijin
- Combat Operations, p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 160
- Comstar (sourcebook), p. 100.
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade pp. 98-99 - Raijin II - Deployment - Old WoB Raijins refitted into RJN-200-As.
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 88
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 161
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 162
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 164