- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Mech_Con 2018 Roundup Day 1 - MW5 Release Date, Trailers, And A New 'Mech!
- Artist Photoshops ‘Mechs Into Classic Paintings, And The Results Are Hilarious
- Fan-Made BattleTech Comic Based On MechWarrior Online Coming Soon
- Community Outreach - Interview With BanditB17 And mdmzero0 On The 2018 MechWarrior Online World Championship Finals
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Luthien Armor Works - OmniMech Production Facility |
Irian BattleMechs Unlimited 
|Chassis||Alshain Type KR240 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Star Slab/4 with CASE|
|Communications System||Sipher CommCon SCU-9|
|Targeting Tracking System||Matabushi Stalker|
The Strider OmniMech is based on the older Cicada BattleMech. The Strider is built on an Alshain Type KR240 Endo Steel chassis to help save on weight. Built with the rugged GM 240 fusion engine, the Strider has a top speed of 97.2 km/h. Outfitted with CASE, built around the durable GM 240, and protected with seven and a half tons of armor, the Strider is a durable 'Mech for its weight class; capable of suffering considerable damage before being disabled or destroyed.
Weapons and Equipment
The Primary configuration of the Strider is configured to be a short-range strike 'Mech. The primary weapons are a pair of SRM-6 launchers that are linked to an Artemis IV fire control system that increases missile accuracy. Backing this up is a single Small Laser giving the 'Mech some protection once its ammunition bins run dry. The Strider also carries a Beagle Active Probe in this configuration, allowing the 'Mech to find hidden units when acting in reconnaissance roles.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A configuration of the Strider is built solely to assist missile carrying 'Mechs. The Strider A carries two Narc missile beacons to designate targets for massed missile fire from allied units. Assisting in this mission as well is a TAG laser designator allowing for the Strider A to call in fire from Arrow IV artillery and Semi-Guided LRM fire. It mounts a Beagle Active Probe to allow it to find hidden units and a C3 Slave unit to let allied units use the Strider's targeting data. The only true weapon carried on the A configuration is a single Small Laser. BV (1.0) = 613 (C3:28), BV (2.0) = 723
- Alt. Config. C
- Another long range orientated configuration, the Strider C carries a pair LRM-5 launchers as its primary weapons . The Strider C also carries a Large Laser for direct fire at long ranges. Finally, the C configuration is built with a C3 Slave unit to allow allied units to use its targeting data. BV (1.0) = 759 (C3: 75), BV (2.0) = 944
- Alt. Config. D
- Meant for close combat, the Strider D carries a pair of Streak SRM-2 launchers as its primary weaponry. These are backed up by a pair of Medium Pulse Lasers and a single Small Laser. The D configuration also carries a comprehensive electronics warfare package with a Beagle Active Probe to allow it to find hidden units, a TAG laser designator to call in Arrow IV artillery and Semi-Guided LRM fire, and a C3 Slave unit to share targeting data with allied units. BV (1.0) = 713 (C3: 61), BV (2.0) = 873
- Alt. Config. F
- The F configuration of the Strider is intended for close range combat but unlike the Strider E it is not as dependent on ammunition based weapons. The primary weapons are a pair of Streak SRM-4 launchers backed up by two Medium Lasers. The 'Mech has also had six jump jets added, allowing it to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. BV (1.0) = 878, BV (2.0) = 1,032
- Alt. Config. G
- Introduced during the Jihad, the Strider G configuration carries a pair of ER Small Lasers in the torso to defend against hostile infantry. The main striking power comes from an MML-7 launcher in each arm. This configuration carries a ton of LRM and SRM ammunition for the MMLs. These ammunition bays are protected by CASE. BV (2.0) = 883
- Alt. Config. R
- A field upgrade developed in the midst of Operation Bulldog, this configuration utilized captured Clan Smoke Jaguar weapons to help bolster the SLDF forces in later waves. Based off the Strider E, thanks to lighter Clan weaponry it is able to mount two Clan-tech Streak SRM-6 launchers and a pair of Clan Medium Pulse Lasers.  BV (2.0) = 1,339
- Cicada - The Strider is an Omni-version of the venerable Cicada BattleMech, though the Strider sacrifices speed for only minor improvements in weaponry and armor. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = ?
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 126-127, "Strider OmniMech Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 131
- MUL online date for the Strider
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 178
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 210
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 84-85, "Strider"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 211
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 180
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 212
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 182
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 213
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 215
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 216
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 217
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 109
- The Dragon Roars, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 218
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 219