Swath Keshik (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|The Swath Keshik|
|Unit Profile (as of 3059)|
|Nickname||Beta Galaxy Command Trinary|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The The Swath Keshik was a command unit for a front line Galaxy of the Clan Smoke Jaguar.
In 3056 a Draconis Combine DEST Team raided Luzerne. Using a Hoshiryokou-class Tug, the Dogstar Express, they managed to capture a Merchant-class JumpShip and a Broadsword-class DropShip that was carrying the OmniMechs of the Keshik's Command Star. No warriors were captured, but 15 scientists and technicians were taken prisoner.
The Second Star League attacked Clan Nova Cat on Avon during the first wave of Operation Bulldog in early June 3059. On the Bristol Levels Trials of Possession were fought between First Nova Cat Guards, the First Garrison Cluster and the Third Garrison Cluster and the Fourth Pesht Regulars that ended with all three Nova Cat Clusters join the Combine Regiment. Other Inner Sphere forces on the planet included the Third Royal Guards and the 198th ComStar Division. Later the same month these forces turned their attention against the unprepared Swath Keshik and First Guards Cluster. Seeing collusion between the Cats and the Inner Sphere forces they fought a defensive withdrawal and retreated in good order to Outer Volta. 
The Swath Keshik and the First Guards arrived at Outer Volta and for a while joined with the 267th Battle Cluster. At the request of Hang Mehta, the 267th Battle Cluster joined her counter-attacking forces. The Guards sent their naval and transport assets to support the 267th Battle Cluster's assault on Meinacos leaving them effectively trapped on the planet. While their transports and naval assets were away, the First Guard, the Swath Keshik and an Omega Trinary of the 267th Battle Cluster were attacked by the 8th Sword of Light, Thirty-ninth ComStar Division and Izanagi Warriors that landed in August 3059. The Clan forces had taken up a defensive position in the capital city. Order by Lincoln Osis to delay the Inner Sphere troops for as long as possible Ward had fought a series of running battles over four days before being pushed out of the city to the Oshira foothills. Harried by flank attacks from the ComGuards and rear attacks from the Sword of Light, the remnant of Beta Galaxy found themselves surrounded. On 4 August, Ward had the equivalent of eleven mixed Stars of BattleMechs and Elementals remaining, and by the following day the Clan forces were down to twelve warriors. Shin Yodama led the Izanagi Warriors against them, but before he attacked he radioed asking if Galaxy Commander Ward were still alive. Ward answered, and Yodama informed him that he had been ordered to "verify his death". With that, Yodama led an equal number of Izanagi to duel and wipe out the survivors.
- Galaxy Commander Cordera Perez 304?-3050
- Galaxy Commander Dietr Osis 3050-3050.
- Galaxy Commander Sarah Weaver 3050-3052.
- Galaxy Commander Mikhail Ward 3054-3059.
- Star Colonel Jack Bowen 30??-3059.
- Star Commander Jaquie Corbett 30??-3059. 
The Keshik often acted as an elite strike force.
- Alpha Command Star (5 OmniMechs)
- Bravo Command Star (5 OmniMechs, 2 OmniFighters)
- Charlie Command Star (5 OmniMechs, 2 OmniFighters)
Broadsword-class DropShip (captured in 3056)
- Invading Clans, p. 57-8
- Lethal Heritage, p. 279-283
- Era Report: 3052, p. 90, "Sarah Weaver profile"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 191
- The Dragon Roar, p. 22-3
- The Dragon Roar, p. 10-11
- The Dragon Roar, p. 24
- The Dragon Roar, p. 44
- The Dragon Roar, p. 46, 58-9
- The Dragon Roars, p. 46 & 59
- Invading Clans, p. 70