6th Army (ComStar)
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|6th Army V-kappa|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Com Guard|
Nominally assigned to the Procyon Theater, 6 to 7 on Inner Sphere Clock, after the collapse of the Sarna March the ComGuard 6th Army were assigned to the Draconis Combine theaters, calling themselves Grim Defiance.
Prior to the Clan Invasion, the deployments of the Sixth Army's six divisions in the Procyon Theater covered worlds within the Federated Commonwealth's Sarna March, Capellan Confederation and Free Worlds League. 
Bolstered by just two extra divisions, the Sixth was the sole army assigned to combat Clan Steel Viper during the Battle of Tukayyid. While taking extremely heavy losses during the bitter fighting in the hellish Devil's Bath, the 6th Army were ultimately able to prevent the Vipers from even approaching either target city.   In the wake of Tukayyid the 6th rebuilt partly with divisions transferred from other armies to bring it up to the new post-Tukayyid four division level. 
Pushed out of much of its former deployments in the Free Worlds League after the ComStar Schism and the Sarna March after the Free Worlds League Military recaptured the worlds lost in the Fourth Succession War as part of Operation Guerrero in 3057, the 6th was redeployed to strengthen the Com Guard defenses against the Clans within the Draconis Combine during Operation Bulldog in 3059. Relocated to the Albiero and Irece prefectures after the liberation of those regions from Clan Smoke Jaguar, the Sixth Army was intended as a watchdog over the Nova Cats and Ghost Bears, neither of whom ComStar entirely trusted.  Instead rogue DCMS units triggered a conflict with the Ghost Bears, with elements of the Sixth seeing action during the Combine-Ghost Bear War in 3062. 
With the Com Guards having suffered extremely heavy losses during the early stages of the Jihad that left its 12 armies stretched too thin, Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion responded by disbanding the 7th-12th Armies, the 6th Army being rebuilt and strengthened to the full six divisions of old. The transformed 6th Army was nominally assigned to cover deployments and actions within the Periphery nations and other minor powers.
In January 3077 the 31st Division was assigned to garrison Lyons after the Sixth Pesht Regulars and 7th Donegal Guards started fighting amongst themselves. Bolstered by elements of the shattered Second and Third Army after the Luyten 68-28 debacle, during the assault on Terra the Sixth Army was placed under General Andrew Redburn's command and assigned to liberate Geneva,  suffering heavy losses to Blakist orbital defenses during their combat drop on the city.  When the Word of Blake's 4th Division withdrew to Bratislava across a series of bridges, engineers from the Sixth Army prevented the Blakists from destroying them. This allowed Coalition troops to keep pressure on the Fourth Division, eventually destroying most of the units in Bratislava.
|Commanding Officers of the 6th Army|
|Precentor||Daniel Mueller||3055 - 3067 |
- 386th Division (The Victors IV-kappa)
- 78th Division (Vigorous Defiance IV-iota)
- 1st Division (Strong Retaliation IV-pi)
- 102nd Division (Vigilant Thought IV-theta)
- 4th Division (Cautious Words IV-omicron)
- 6th Division (Alert Words IV-omicron)
3055 to 3067
- 31st Division (The Lost Boys IV-theta)
- 12th Division (The Grizzly-Grinders IV-gamma)
- 102nd Division (Focht's Knights IV-omicron)
- 1st Division (McGillaray's Legion IV-xi)
- 6th Army's post-Tukayyid insignia was an standing armored knight with a sword held horizontally in its right arm and a mace in its left.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 30, "6th Army (ComStar) Profile"
- 20-Year Update, pg. 70 "Com Guards Deploment Table  - 6th V-xi"
- Tukayyid, pp. 79-88 "Campaign: Clan Steel Viper"
- Invading Clans, pp. 86 "Tukayyid"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 136, 143, 145-146
- ComStar, p. 85, "6th Army V-kappa (Grim Defiance, Procyon Theatre, from 6 to 7 on the "Inner Sphere Clock")"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 86
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 210
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 106 "What Lies Beneath - The Republic of the Sphere - The Com Guards"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 96
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 109
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 104 "What Lies Beneath - The Republic of the Sphere - Forces gifted to the Republic"