Class Six Champions
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
In all the years since the Solaris Games began, only 14 MechWarriors have served as champions for four years or more. Of these fourteen, two were champions for five years, and a single MechWarrior - the legendary Gray Noton, the Legend-Killer - served for an unbelievable seven years.
The Grand Tournament
In order to win, 128 MechWarriors competed in the seven-day, Open class, single-elimination tournament that has been the heart of the Solaris Games for centuries. And like an annual changing of the guard, the top 20 ushers in a new generation of the Inner Sphere‘s finest competitors. MechWarriors compete against opponents chosen by lot in all of the Class Six Arenas. Their rankings set with each Grand Tournament, modified over the between-season matches, and verified in pre-Tournament qualifying rounds, these modern-day gladiators slug it out throughout the Tournament, knowing that it only takes one lucky engine hit, one devastating gyro crash, or even one lucky—yet tragic all the same—cockpit breach to make or break their careers. The battles aren‘t to the death, but with live ammunition and fully charged lasers one never knows what‘s going to happen. And though most odds makers may disagree, the Tournament matches are balanced, both for the benefit of the combatants and spectators alike. Opponents are matched by comparative weight classes and weapons loads by the Tournament committees, who also choose the best venues for these warriors and judge on the outcome in event of a tie. Fight fans are encouraged to bet and bet often, but try not to lose your shirt, because even the longest odds can come through with an unexpected turn of events.
Historical list of Class Six (Open Class) Champions
- Solaris VII Box Set, p. 12, "Players Handbook - The Great Ones"
- MechWarrior's Guide to Solaris VII, p. 65
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), pp. 7-8, "Solaris VII Grand Tournament Recap"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), pp. 279, "Solaris VII: Where Legends are Born"
- Solaris VII Box Set - Page 14
- MechWarrior's Guide to Solaris VII
- Mappack: Solaris VII - Page 14 "The Game World Revisited - Welcome to Solaris! - Let the Games Begin! - Recent Standings"
- Mappack: Solaris VII - Page 14,"The Game World Revisited / Kelley Metz - Kelley very-brief history update that led her to becomes 3067 Champion of Solaris"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136)