- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- The Black Pants Legion Presents: The Hunchback, Coming August 26
- Read more →
After the Taurian Concordat's withdrawal from the Coromodir system, House Espinosa supported House Arano in the latter's bid to make Coromodir an independent system under their governance. In 2870, the two houses approached the leading nobles of Guldra, Smithon, Itrom, and Tyrlon, proposing what would become the Aurigan Trade Partnership. In 2910, this organization would become the Aurigan Coalition, with House Espinosa as one of the members of the Founding Council.
As the Coalition brought more systems under their banner, the Taurian Concordat began to take notice, and emissaries were sent to Coromodir in hope of signing treaties. Negotiations stalled due to inability to reach a compromise. Santiago Espinosa, the High Lord's brother-in-law and chief adviser, saw this as a weakness of the Aurigan political system, and urged Tamati Arano II to dissolve the Council and assume direct rule of all the worlds in the Coalition. Shortly after, the High Lord and his wife Serena Espinosa were killed in a JumpShip accident. Tamati's heir, Kamea Arano, rejected Santiago's plan. Believing the nation to be under threat, Santiago deposed Kamea in a bloody coup, and believed she had been killed. He created the Aurigan Directorate, keeping the nobles of the Council in line through bribes, threats, and hostages as need.. He dissolved the popularly elected portion of the Council.
Still, there was resistance. A notable example was the Second Decimis Fusiliers, a partisan group from Panzyr loyal to House Decimis.. Then a new threat arose: the Arano Restoration. Kamea Arano had survived to escape the coup, and with mercenaries and even SLDF-vintage Assault 'Mechs, she began retaking worlds and rallying the Houses to her cause.
The Directorate forged a secret alliance with the Taurian Concordat, which provided the Directorate with heavy and assault BattleMechs and veteran personnel to go with them. However, the Taurians later withdrew their support.
When the Aurigan Directorate was destroyed, House Espinosa would die along with it. With the death of Victoria and execution of Santiago, House Espinosa would cease to exist as a political entity within the Reach. The house itself continues to exist, in the form of a few heirs, among them the High Lady herself.
Even after the end of the Restoration War, pro-Espinosa resistance groups remained. Ibex Rampant, named for the heraldic crest of the Espinosas, and Forever Vigilant, adopting the Espinosa House Motto, continued to fight the Aurigan Coalition Military.
Espinosa Family Tree
|Santiago Espinosa||Serena Espinosa||Tamati Arano II|
|Victoria Espinosa||Kamea Arano|
Family Heirlooms and Holdings
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 20
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 11
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 12
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 27
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 17
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 38
- Almost Sounds Like the Guns Themselves, referred to as past event 16 December 3025
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 5
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 13
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) p. 6
- House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) pp. 56-57