Nova Cat (OmniMech)
|'Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||Mynx Type Heavy|
|Armor||Alpha Compound Plate|
|Engine||Consolidated Fusion 280 Extralight|
|Communications System||JNE Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Build 2 CAT TTS|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
After its defeat on Tukayyid, Khan Severen Leroux of Clan Nova Cat commissioned the Nova Cat OmniMech, meant to protect the Clan both militarily and spiritually. The 12 meter tall 'Mech is inspired by the Night Gyr created by Clan Jade Falcon. The basic components of this design, combined with its characteristics as an OmniMech, make it very simple to repair and leave room for the large amount of double heat sinks most variants carry. 13 ½ tons of standard armor make this 'Mech very difficult to kill.
Weapons and Equipment
The standard configuration is all long-range energy weapons, which, although allowing the Nova Cat to stay in the battle for a longer period of time, means the pilot will have to alternate their weapon choices to avoid overheating despite many additional heat sinks. Two ER PPCs are the 'Mech's main weapons, which are backed up with three ER Large Lasers.
- Alternate Configuration A
- The first variant is armed with 4 ER Large Lasers linked to a targeting computer for increased accuracy. Fourteen additional heat sinks keep heat mostly in check, while jump jets rocket the 'Mech up to one hundred and twenty meters at a time. BV (1.0) = 2,646. BV (2.0) = 2,629
- Alternate Configuration B
- Alternate Configuration B deviates from the formula of the Primary and A Configurations greatly, as it is a missile boat rather than a sniper, being equipped with six LRM-15s. A pair of ER Medium Lasers provide short-range backup, with five additional heat sinks to handle some of the relatively light load. BV (1.0) = 2,078. BV (2.0) = 2,492
- Alternate Configuration D
- The D configuration is very similar to the C variant, being equipped with an LB 10-X AC and three Heavy Large Lasers. The nine extra heat sinks are still overtaxed by the heavy lasers, though a targeting computer does make them more accurate. BV (1.0) = 1,671. BV (2.0) = 2,084
- Alternate Configuration E
- The E configuration is close to the B variant, being equipped with a total of four new ATM 9s with two tons of ammo per launcher, and one Large Pulse Laser for pinpoint accuracy, finishing off any BattleMechs not destroyed by the multiple ATM launchers. BV (1.0) = 1,882. BV (2.0) = 2,191
- Alternate Configuration F
- Developed during the Jihad, this configuration utilizes the development of Improved Jump Jets for tactical advantage. The 'Mech has been given six of these Improved Jump Jets fitted to the side torsos. It is armed with pair Large Pulse Lasers in its right arm, where its left has three medium size pulses. To handle the 'mech additional heat, it has been fitted with three Double Heat Sinks. To improve accuracy, a Targeting Computer is added with an ECM Suite to protect it from enemy electronics. BV (2.0) = 2,706
- Alternate Configuration G
- Another configuration developed during the Jihad, this configuration was developed for the fire support and anti-infantry role. The G, like the F, is given a Targeting Computer and ECM suite. For fire-support role, it has been given three Artemis IV guided LRM-20 launchers in the arms with five tons of ammunition. For its anti-infantry role, it has been given eight AP Gauss Rifles split between the two torsos. The guns shares a ton ammunition between them. BV (2.0) = 2,522.
- Alternate Configuration H
- This Nova Cat configuration was introduced in the Dark Age. It carries an LB 20-X, Medium Pulse Laser, and two Improved Heavy Large Lasers. Nineteen double heat sinks are partnered with three Coolant Pods to keep the heat under control, and an engine Supercharger allows this configuration to reach 86 km/h in brief spurts. BV (2.0) = 2,452
- Alternate Configuration M
- A Civil War-era configuration, this variant carries an LB 20-X in each arm as well as a Large Pulse Laser mounted in the right torso and a Streak SRM-6 in the left. Eleven Double Heat Sinks struggle to keep the heat under control, especially if the 'Mech remains on the move - for that reason, a careful volley-fire strategy should be adopted. BV (2.0) = 2,024
- Alternate Configuration T
- Remeniscent of the Prime configuration, this variant carries two ER PPCs in its right arm and three Large Pulse Lasers in its left. Unlike the Prime, however, this configuration only equips eighteen Double Heat Sinks, not nearly enough to cope with the prodigious heat burden that the energy weapons create. An engine Supercharger enables quick bursts of speed. BV (2.) = 2,855
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- NCT-CC Cobra Cat
- A custom configuration of the Nova Cat, the Cobra Cat carries an ER Large Laser, ATM-9 and Streak SRM-4 in each arm, supported by an ER Medium Laser in each side torso. Mounting only nineteen double heat sinks, the Cobra Cat carries three tons each of Streak SRM and ATM ammunition.
- A Nova Cat fought against a Word of Blake Deva and Viking on 21 August 3072, in the Nagasaki community zone of the Crane district on Luthien, before retreating with severe damage.
- Over the course of two or three days in October 3068 a matt-black Nova Cat marked only with a stylized crimson dragon and piloted by a Clan warrior named Drago stalked and killed one Word of Blake Level II and almost all of a second in a contaminated zone on Caph.
- In German products, the unit's proper Clan name was translated to Novakatze.
- Plastic Nova Cat Prime is included in BattleTech: Clan Fire Star
Original Nova Cat from TRO:3060
Nova Cat from RGilClan: Vol 23
Nova Cat of Clan Ghost Bear from Field Manual: Warden Clans
Model of Nova Cat from MW4:Mercenaries
Model of Nova Cat from MWO
Nova Cat miniature from MechWarrior: Annihilation set
Nova Cat miniature from BattleTech: Clan Fire Star
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, pp. 56–57: "Nova Cat"
- MUL online date for the Nova Cat (OmniMech)
- Combat Operations, p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 260
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 174-175, "Nova Cat"
- Path of Glory, p. 40
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 261
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 185
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 262
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 186
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 263
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 187
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 264
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 265
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 266 - F Configuration from RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 266 - G Configuration from RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 154
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 155
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 23, p. 35
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 23, p. 30
- MechWarrior Online - "Civil War Escalation Sale Page"
- BattleMech Manual, p. 93 BattleMech Quirk Table - Nova Cat Entry.
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"
- The Dragon of Caph
- Combat Operations
- The Dragon of Caph
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- MechWarrior Online Civil War Escalation Sale Page
- Path of Glory (Novel)
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 23
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3060