Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|Jihad Turning Points: Luthien|
|Development|| Herbert A. Beas II |
Ben Rome (Project Development)
|Primary writing||Ben Rome|
|Cover artwork||Matt Heerdt (Design & Layout)|
|Interior artwork|| Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design) |
Ray Arrastia (Maps)
David L. McCulloch (Record Sheets)
|Illustrations|| Ray Arrastia |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||December 18th, 2008|
|Series||Chaos Campaign Products|
Jihad Turning Points: Luthien is primarily a scenario pack set on Luthien during the Jihad that was released in electronic format. The PDF was released alongside Chaos Campaign, which contains the rules for using the scenario tracks. It contains a full color, topographical map of the capital world of the Draconis Combine, along with a printable version for use with BattleForce 2.
For use with the tracks, Luthien includes random map tables, as well as suggested optional rules from Tactical Operations. It also has a listing of the units involved in the campaign and suggestions for which random assignment tables to use for each in addition to optional force abilities.
From the back cover
|“|| Luthien. The Black Pearl. Jewel of the Dragon. The center of the Draconis Combine, Luthien had never been conquered by an enemy in over four centuries.
Then came the Jihad.
Jihad Turning Points: Luthien fleshes out the details of the conflict surrounding this pivotal world published in various Jihad Plot Sourcebooks. Additionally, players can join one of the myriad of units fighting for control—and survival—of the Combine’s capital world. Enemies from within and without seek to cut off the Dragon’s head, while loyal samurai fight to save it.
This new campaign series uses the Chaos Campaign rules and gives players the option of fighting individual battles, following a campaign arc, inserting it into their own campaigns and even create their own scenarios with optional rules to give their games a "Luthien flavor." The ebook includes a detailed map of the world of Luthien, a run down of the forces involved in the conflict, and several tracks that players can use to run simple lance-on-lance battles, or stage up to a world-wide invasion. Only the players’ imaginations are the limits.
- "Manifest Destiny"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- 1st Genyosha (Draconis Combine)
- 2nd Sword of Light - Loyalist (Draconis Combine)
- 2nd Sword of Light - Traitor (Kokuryu-kai)
- Otomo/Izanagi Warriors (Draconis Combine)
- Sathen's Snipers (Kokuryu-kai/Word of Blake)
- 9th Division (Word of Blake)
- 40th Dieron Regulars (Kokuryu-kai)
- 42nd Shadow Division (Word of Blake)
- Xi Galaxy (Clan Nova Cat)
- Alpha Galaxy (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Omega Galaxy (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Rho Galaxy (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Tracks: Luthien
- Record Sheets
- Luthien Planetary Assault Map
Manifest Destiny is a short story providing the setting for Jihad Turning Points: Luthien: an operation to roust Clan Nova Cat forces from Luthien, in late August 3072. Demi-Precentor Eric Hughes, call sign "Iron Will", is piloting a Deva OmniMech as night approaches. As the story opens, he is engaging a Nova Cat, assisted by a Word of Blake Viking. After the enemy BattleMech retreats, he is ordered by Precentor Belial to engage a binary of infantry sheltering within a building. As he approaches the target, relishing in the enhanced sensor capabilities afforded by his VDNI hookup, he instinctively reacts to the precentor's warning of an immediate attack upon his unit by a SM1 hovercraft by lurching backwards. The story closes as he incapacitates the tank destroyer with a blow from his 'Mech's right fist and executes the craft's crewmembers via his autocannon, followed by a death curse.
- This is the first in a series of Jihad-related campaign books.