40th Dieron Regulars
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Read more →
|40th Dieron Regulars|
|Nickname||Shield of True Belief|
|Parent Command||Dieron Regulars|
4th Succession War
War of 3039
During the Clan Invasion, the Fortieth's commander requested resources to attack the Federated Commonwealth. The tai-sa was understandably nervous, as his regiment was the only regular force remaining in the Kessel Prefecture.
The majority of the 40th, led by Tai-sa Edward Brandon, fought against the loyalist members of the unit and abandoned them on Kessel, in order to support the Black Dragon Society's coup on Luthien. They arrived in February 3069 and recovered their personnel losses with local recruits.
On 18 July 3069, the 2nd Sword of Light, along with the 6th Benjamin Regulars and the 40th, moved to disrupt the effectiveness of the Loyalist forces operating in the vicinity of the LAW City ruins on Guthry Island. Prematurely alerted to their presence by an engagement with an encountered Word of Blake salvage team, the 1st Genyosha levied heavy casualties on the 6th, scoring a victory for the Loyalists.
On 28 November 3073, the 32nd Division pushed against Kokuryu-kai forces located in the vicinity of the Takashi Memorial Spaceport's customs annex, securing at least one ingress to the underground complex. By destroying the main headquarters compound located there, they forced the 40th Dieron Regulars and 2nd Sword of Light out into the local neighborhoods. The 32nd lost a Command Level II and an Overlord class DropShip to a booby-trap.
On March 14th 3074, the Word of Blake ROM had leaked information regarding the presence of Buda Weapons Chief Researcher Hideoshi Yamika and his prototype Large X-Pulse Laser to the Kokuryu-kai as a means of wearing down Loyalist defenders in Skytower City. The resulting battle ended with Yamika and his prototypes being hustled aboard a Blakist DropShip.
In December 3074, during the Clan Ghost Bear assault against the Blakist presence on Luthien, the 40th combined their assets with the 6th Benjamin Regulars to attack the clan's Omega Galaxy. Though frustrated by not engaging the Word of Blake Militia, the clan warriors devastated both regiments. The Coordinator declared the unit to be ronin in February 3075 and it was stricken from the DCMS at the same time.
|Commanding Officers of the 40th Dieron Regulars|
|Tai-sa||Oscar Oshion||3050 - 3054|
- Tai-sa Edward Brandon was the commanding officer of the 31st Kessel Armor regiment after the mutiny of the unit.
40th Dieron Regulars (Regiment/Green/Questionable)
3050 to 3054
- CO: Tai-sa Oscar Oshion
- Note: At this point in time (3050) the unit was stationed on Asta.
40th Dieron Regulars(Regiment/Green/Questionable)
- CO/1st Battalion: Tai-sa Carlton Doi
- XO: Chu-sa Brantly Whitfield
- 2nd Battalion: Chu-sa Elias Pacheco
- 3rd Battalion: Chu-sa Owen Phillips
- - As normal 60 percent of the machines are upgraded.
- Wing Commander: Sho-sa Xavier Hepideus
- - To counter such actions like the 15th Dieron did to capture Towne, the JumpShip captain must make an request by the prefecture command.
- Armor Commander: Tai-sa Edward Brandon
- - The regiment is only a temporally assignment.
- Troop Commander: Tai-sa Tom Lindell
- - The Defenders can count one 24 conventional airplanes and 24 VTOLs. 4 Lances are equipped for scout missions the other 2 provide escort to them.
- Historical: War of 3039, p.??
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 56, "Unit Profile"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "40th Dieron Regulars"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 8-9, "Bullet In the Blue Sky"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 10, "Tunnel Rats"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 10-11, "Light Machine"
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 7, "Omega Galaxy [Clan Ghost Bear]"
- 20 Year Update p. 40
- Objective Raids, p. 25, "DCMS Deployment Table "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 >Historical: War of 3039, p. 138