|Manufacturer||Gibson Federated BattleMechs
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Chassis||Celestial Series DV1E|
|Armor||Durallex Divine Protector|
|Engine||Inspiration 280 Light Fusion|
|Communications System||Master's Voice Cel-Alpha|
|Targeting Tracking System||Master's Sight 1-Omega|
|Heat Sinks||11 double|
Primary (Invictus) Configuration
Another of the Word of Blake's Celestial series OmniMechs, the Deva (named for celestial beings from the Hindu belief system) also makes extensive use of new technologies. It is built with a light fusion engine, a heavy-duty gyro that can take half again as much punishment as its standard counterpart, and the small cockpit common to all of the Celestials. All of these brand new pieces make the Endo Steel frame they are assembled on seem normal by comparison. The tough 'Mech is protected by thirteen and a half tons of standard armor. It also uses the C3i Computer ubiquitous to the Celestials.
Weapons and Equipment
The Invictus model makes good use of its C3i Computer with a Gauss rifle and a trio of Light PPCs. Obviously meant as a direct-fire support model, the inclusion of the Retractable Blade is somewhat confusing to outsiders, as is the paltry ton of ammunition devoted to the design's main gun. The 'Mech shields its Manei Domini pilot from the potentially dangerous Gauss rifle with CASE in its right side.
- Alternate Configuration A (Dominus)
- This variant uses a rotary autocannon/5 and a Multi-Missile Launcher 7. CASE protects the ammunition for both of these weapons. A Light PPC, an ER Small Laser, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers back them up. All of these weapons, except for the missile launcher, are guided by a Targeting Computer. BV (2.0) = 1,727
- Alternate Configuration B (Infernus)
- Meant to stay a good distance back from enemy units, the Deva B carries an ER PPC in each arm. The Infernus adds five heat sinks, leaving the MechWarrior with no real heat concerns. Adding to that, a Targeting Computer makes the cannons even more accurate. A pair of Medium Pulse Lasers that also benefit from the advanced computer can be utilized should an enemy get within range. Defensively, a Guardian ECM Suite ensures that enemies cannot benefit from electronics against the Deva or its nearby allies. BV (2.0) = 1,713
- Alternate Configuration C (Comminus)
- The Comminus variant is designed to mix it up close to enemies, a task it is aided in by the mobility that jump jets give it. An Ultra Autocannon/20 is still the most powerful gun in the Inner Sphere's arsenal. A three-ton, CASE-protected ammunition bin keeps it in supply, though a MechWarrior should not waste shots. For that, he or she can utilize the trio of ER Medium Laser and the single ER Small, partly cooled by two extra double heat sinks. Like the Infernus, the Deva C is protected by an ECM Suite. BV (2.0) = 1,749 or 1,743
- Alternate Configuration D (Luminos)
- This configuration has enough weapons to feel at home at range or up close. Like the Comminus variant, it mounts enough jump jets to leap up to 120 meters at a time. For long-range combat, the Deva D mounts a Heavy PPC. In close, two ER Mediums and four Medium Pulse Lasers can quickly disable an opponent. An additional ER Medium and an ER Small protect the 'Mech's rear, while five extra double heat help alleviate the massive heat production. BV (2.0) = 1,711
- Alternate Configuration E (Eminus)
- The centerpiece of the Deva E is an experimental Thunderbolt 15. Similar to the Invictus variant, the Eminus mounts four Light PPCs and only carries eight rounds for its largest gun. In place of the primary configuration's Retractable Blade, the Deva E carries a pair of ER Medium Lasers, though one arm is left free of weapons. Two extra double heat sinks and CASE are also carried. BV (2.0) = 1,686
- Alternate Configuration S (Caelestis)
- Using a pair of Binary Laser Cannons mated to an advanced Targeting Computer, this configuration of the Deva is a deadly sniper. For close in protection the Caelestis mounts an ER Small Laser. A Laser Anti-Missile System defends against warheads, while a Supercharger allows it to temporarily boost its speed to nearly 84 km/h. BV (2.0) = 1,937, 1,785
- Alternate Configuration U (Exanimus)
- This variant is equipped with four UMUs that allow it to move through the water at 46 km/h. To make the best use of this speed, the Deva Exanimus carries a pair of LRT-15s in one arm and a trio of ER Medium Lasers in the other. A single ER Small Laser finishes off the offensive capability of this model. BV (2.0) = 1,685
- Deva Achillius
- The custom configuration of Opacus Venatori member Adept Achillius St. John carries a pair of arm-mounted Ramtech 9500V Large Variable Speed Pulse Lasers supported by two Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers in the head, all four lasers linked to a Targeting Computer. A Supercharger ensures St. John reaches optimum range in an instant while three extra Double Heat Sinks allow him to constantly fire as he does. BV (2.0) = 1,727 
- A Deva piloted by Demi-Precentor Eric Hughes fought against a Clan Nova Cat Nova Cat and an SM1 on 21 August 3072, in the Nagasaki community zone of the Crane district on Luthien.
Original Deva from TRO:3075
- Technical Readout: Jihad, pp. 144–145: "CC-DVA-O Deva"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 135
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 164
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 165
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 166
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 167
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 168
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 169
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 163
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 170
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 97
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, pp. 45, 106.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 91 BattleMech Quirk Table - Deva Entry.
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, p. 1, "Manifest Destiny"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake
- Record Sheets: 3072
- Record Sheets: 3075
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New
- Technical Readout: 3075